Cashplus card on Ventura

loopyloo33

Hi,

I pre-loaded my Cashplus Card prior to my May 2008 cruise on Ventura with more than enough funds. For reasons that I have never been able to explain, (nor could Cashplus or P and O,) they could NOT get approval for the transaction on board (In the middle of the Bay of Biscay at this point!). Ventura reception tried the transaction three times, to no avail. Fortunately I had another debit card, but VERY annoying.

There is no reason why it should not have worked as this is a standard Mastercard.

Sorry for the negative comment!

H

Yes, even though it is a pre paid card, it has the ability to appear like a normal credit card - i.e. most pre-paid cards don't allow you to hire a car but I successfully hired one at Christmas in USA as the facility was "activated" on my account.

I will call Cashplus to check. The only other card we have is a Maestro debit card so know that would not be accepted so I don't know what else we can do?

• 4 weeks later...

Not on Ventura but I successfully used a CashPlus Mastercard on Artemis in March/April this year and it was accepted without any problem once I had confirmed there was cash on it after a transfer while we were in the Caribbean.

The transfer took longer than expected and also, because of a 'hold' by Hilton Hotel at Gatwick Airport that was not removed for almost 10 days after we checked out of the hotel - we had paid for the room in advance and there were no fees to be paid once checked in.

I intend to use it on my summer cruise to the Baltic on Oriana later this summer.

Feebee_71 :)

Archived