Anyone going on Boudicca Baltic cruise 1st June?

mrsaligee

We are - looking forward to it. Looking forward to Boudicca also - saw her in Caribbean last November when we were on Balmoral and hubby fell in love with her. When he saw the cruise to Baltics (particularly St Pete's) he was hooked. She looked very small - mind you we were one side of Sea Princess and she was the other side so the Sea Princess would make her look small (made Balmoral look smallish too). Wondering about the weather though, not going to be so warm as here.

Hi, having been on the lovely QE2 last year for our first cruise we're very pleased to be going on a ship from roughly the same era and not one of these ultra-modern ships that look like 5 blocks of goldfish-bowl flats put together. Only downside is that we booked this only last week and they are now telling us they will allocate our dining sitting onboard and not before - we are very much hoping for the 8.30 pm sitting.

St Petersburg is the main attraction for us too. It was a toss up between this cruise and an Oceana med cruise leaving on the same day. Will have to do the sun next year instead.

Have you been on Fred Olsen before?

Mrsaligee

Our dining details are to be allocated on board too, we would really like the early sitting as we found eating rich food late did not do the digestion much good! Hopefully we will be able to sort something out (there are only 2 of us), if not, we will have to take the Bisodol! Looking forward to it now as it is getting so close.

We had late sitting on the QE2 and I wasn't looking forward to it for the same reasons as you. However, strangely I found it wasn't a problem (probably because we were up till the small hours most nights!).

I did find however that I put on weight...

Only four weeks to go on Mon...

• 2 weeks later...

Just Booked in this morning, couldn't resist Fred's latest prices though it means we don't know which cabin or dinner sitting we are on.

We caught a glimpse of the Boudicca when we were on the Braemar this January in the Carribean, she was hiding her bent nose behind the Ventura.

Now trying to get our heads round the opening times of the attractions in St. Pete's, Hermitage and Grand Palace closed on Mondays, Catherine Palace closed on Tuesdays and some others closed on Wednesdays.

Think I will leave the excursions to my social secretary :)

Hi

Booked our excursions last week, catherine palace on Monday, peterhof and hermitage tuesday, and souvenir shopping on Wednesday. Would have liked to have seen more but will just have to come back another time!

Looked into doing it with DenRus and Red October - great excursions but the prices were just a bit too much for the two of us so we took the easy option.

Hope you have a good social secretary ;)

We got our tickets Saturday - have our cabin number but not our dinner details. Our check in time is 1330, check in closes at 1530. I checked the time zones - we go from 1 hr ahead (GMT) until Estonia which is 2 hrs ahead but St Pete's is 3 hrs ahead! This first day will be an early start for the old body clock! Still get all those hours back on the way home. Looking forward to it now, as it is our 2nd cruise with FO we know what to expect. Did you note on the website some special info. to print out? Various details about St Pete's and that you need to photocopy your passport etc.

Hello

We got our tickets last week and our check in time is 1520 :eek: unless the upgrade fairy waves her magic wand. That would be nice, hubby is 6 foot 5 and I'm worried his feet might hang over the end of the bed.

Berkshire lass, I did have a look at the special information - perhaps I should print it out in case I have missed anything.

Does anyone know which terminal Boudicca will be at? That wasn't printed on the ticket.

Mrsaligee

Tickets arrived today from the TA. We seem to be next to the reception so, if you have any complaints etc. late at night could you whisper them please :)

Our check in time is 14.00, do they go deck by deck starting with steerage and work up the ship or down from the suites ?

We may be there a bit before, we are staying overnight in Southampton and I think the hotel like you out of the room by 12.00 ish.

Now, to find my Union Jack tie for the British evening :rolleyes:

We are in steerage and with a check in of 3.20 pm I think you can ascertain that they will start with the "upper classes" first... ;)

Not long to go now, just one more week of work to push...

Mrsaligee

We are also on the Boudicca sailing June 1st to the Baltic. According to the Port of Southampton website Boudicca is sailing from Berth 101 City Cruise Terminal.

Thanks for letting me know Cruising Nomads...

Mrsaligee

Archived