? for cruiseline personnel re: Butlers

Arwenmark

I guess it's not enough that we have a concierge and a Butler, but now we need a valet too!;) Should I call NCL and ask for one on our next cruise?:rolleyes:

Ideally, a gentleman brings his own valet.

I'll see to my own unmentionables...somehow sending them to the laundry seems different, even though i suppose it really isn't.

Question about the laundry services on the ship; do they wash everyones laundry together?

Well a Butler on a cruise ship is not a real Butler in the sense of the word that most people think of them. It is more of a combination Butler and Valet sort of manufactured position. and it is clearly listed as one of the available things to ask your Butler to do. I don't see myself asking for this unless I was traveling alone.

I asked the question of what the actual Butlers on the cruise ships thought of the idea of unpacking as a part of their actual duties, even though almost no one asks them too.

Should have known it would turn into a," I don't want the Butler to unpack MY clothes" thread. LOL

Well a Butler on a cruise ship is not a real Butler in the sense of the word that most people think of them. It is more of a combination Butler and Valet sort of manufactured position. and it is clearly listed as one of the available things to ask your Butler to do. I don't see myself asking for this unless I was traveling alone.

I asked the question of what the actual Butlers on the cruise ships thought of the idea of unpacking as a part of their actual duties, even though almost no one asks them too.

Should have known it would turn into a," I don't want the Butler to unpack MY clothes" thread. LOL

Just for you Arwenmark---We have asked and yes they have and we where there when he unpacked for us. It was only one time and no problems. It was actually very easy, didn't even blink an eye when asked if he really did this and the answer was certainly "I'd be happy too". I wasn't going to answer this as all the "OMG how could you let someone unpack for you". It was on our Alaska trip on NCL Wind we where in a OS.

I find it amusing how many are so uptight about their undergarments.

Presumably if they are clean, and not "too" identifiable :rolleyes:, then I'm really not sure what the big deal would be, or the difference between a t-shirt & and undershirt.

I agree with Pould that this would not be the domain of the Butler, any good Merchant & Ivory movie will show this!

It would be nice however to have the services of a valet on embarkation day to collect, press & hang the clothes as they're unpacked.

who is uptight about undies (if they fit, of course)? It's the germs...you can take my coat, but the rest is victoria's secret (b/c escada doesn't do lingerie any more)...but i'm happy to be a source of entertainment for you. thanks for the smile

Archived