Diving St. Maartin - Who with?

poohs4me

Our cruiseline is not offering any diving for this port, which I thought was odd - I cannot figure out why they would not, but anyway can someone recommend a company to dive with. Our DD is 12 and certified, but still has restrictions with depth so a company that would work with us would be helpful.

Our cruiseline is not offering any diving for this port, which I thought was odd - I cannot figure out why they would not,.....
perhaps because the diving there can be disappointing to say the least. Because the dive sites are all out in the open ocean they are very much at the mercy of the ocean conditions the day you are there. That can mean 6 to 8 ft swells, people getting sick on the way out to the dive site, challenging conditions climbing the ladder to get back on the boat, surge, and poor visibility.

Personally, I'd pass on diving there.

If you still want to go, then try Dive Safari.

Because the dive sites are all out in the open ocean they are very much at the mercy of the ocean conditions the day you are there. That can mean 6 to 8 ft swells, people getting sick on the way out to the dive site, challenging conditions climbing the ladder to get back on the boat, surge

That pretty much described my experience on top of the water in St. Maarten. Once we got below the surface, we had two very nice dives with Dive Safari. Getting to the dive sites was a challenge.

HBC

Archived