Chilkoot Rail & Bus Combination Tours

etluv2cruise

Does anyone have experience with the White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion with DEPARTURE by BUS and RETURN by TRAIN?

I read lots of posts on the board with TRAIN-UP and BUS-DOWN, as well as TRAIN both ways. I could not seem to come across any comments on experiences of BUS-UP and TRAIN-DOWN.

If you have, can you please share your experience? Any pointers and/or comments will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!:)

Does anyone have experience with the White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion with DEPARTURE by BUS and RETURN by TRAIN?

I read lots of posts on the board with TRAIN-UP and BUS-DOWN, as well as TRAIN both ways. I could not seem to come across any comments on experiences of BUS-UP and TRAIN-DOWN.

If you have, can you please share your experience? Any pointers and/or comments will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!:)

The only "difference" is that the bus going up is a bit more limiting with regard to random (extra) stops. The reason being the train back will leave at a fixed time and you MUST be there for it. When your trip has the bus on the return in the afternoon, as long as passengers don't have an early sailaway from port, there is more flexibility for unplanned stops along the way. Otherwise, it's the same tour in reverse. As for the train, when riding DOWN, sit on the right for the better views (or you can stand outside if you are like me and take tons of photos).

Thanks jrw for your response. I just received an email from Chilkoot Tours regarding the time that we are scheduled to take the train back down from Fraser, and was told that our train back down departs @ 12 noon, which should be okay, which means it will give us at least 3 hours to go from Skagway to Fraser.

It's my fault, I should have booked the excursion earlier, as I booked this cruise way back in January! Just too much "diley-dairy"(sp.)

Thanks jrw for your response. I just received an email from Chilkoot Tours regarding the time that we are scheduled to take the train back down from Fraser, and was told that our train back down departs @ 12 noon, which should be okay, which means it will give us at least 3 hours to go from Skagway to Fraser.

It's my fault, I should have booked the excursion earlier, as I booked this cruise way back in January! Just too much "diley-dairy"(sp.)

Enjoy your trip! :D

Archived