Difference between SS, SY and SZ?

papergypsy

The main difference is location on the ship. On the Eurodam, The SY cabins (there were only 6 of them) - 2 handicapped in the front and four others in the center. The SS cabins were a deck higher. The SZ cabins were a couple of decks higher than the SS, but in the very front of the ship and they had solid railings.

There is a fold out couch, so another person could sleep in the cabin. The bathrooms have two sinks, a jacuzzi tub, and a shower stall.

Click on the deck plan of the ship you are interested in sailing, and you can see the cabin locations. We tend to book the SY, if it is cheaper, although quite often it is the same price as the SS. I don't like the location of the SZ.

Thanks for your help, Bonita. We booked an SS on the Zuiderdam for the Inside Passage in June because we needed the sofa bed for our daughter. The SS was the only Superior Verandah Suite category available. It was more expensive that the SY and SZ, and it is on the 8th deck, just below the Lido deck. I am now hearing that the Lido deck can be loud and you can hear the moving of deck chairs, etc. I was surprised that the more expensive cabin in a category would have these types of distractions.

We can only hope that it will be OK........

When I cruised on the Oosterdam, sister ship to Zuiderdam, I was in a mini suite on the eigth deck, Navigation Deck, and I couldn't hear any noise from the Lido deck above. I think my room number was 868. Aft of midships but not all the way aft. Perhaps the noise is a problem in a different part of the eigth deck.

We, too booked the SS on the Zuiderdam. We went underneath the Lido, which is carpeted instead of underneath the pool area, which we felt would be noisier. It cost the same as the SY. We booked an SS for the Eurodam for this Thanksgiving because it cost the same as the SY. It is underneath another deck of cabins.

Archived