Nutrisystem

lbfluffy

Hi All!

I'm back safe and sound - although the drive home in pouring rain was not fun! I did have a very good time but I'm glad I packed my own food.

I was able to stay on plan Friday and Saturday but slipped a bit on Sunday. I'm back on track now though!

Doing OK, not great, but OK. Too early to say for today, but I feel like it's going to be right on target.

Lots of yard work this week end, so that will help.

Hang in there Willie! Doing OK is good! The exercise in the yard will help.

Boy the weekend is tough isn't it? So tempting to have a treat. I think I did okay on Saturday and great today. DH and I have started walking a brisk 2 mile walk in the evening and that will help I am sure. I have lost 3.1 lbs since starting NS!

WTG on the 3.1 lbs lost!! Great start - keep it up! :D:D

Yes - I find the weekends to be really challenging! The best advice I can give is to plan your menus and then stick to your plan. When I do that it's much easier to stay on track because I plan in all the snacks.

So far our first 7 days is shaping up nicely! Even with a few slips we seem to be working to stay on track and focused. Keep it up!

Melanie

Man, you all are awesome! How can I not stay focused when I read how successful everyone is doing? Thanks for keeping me honest, food wise that is, mostly. Ok, I drink too much which is probably why I have trouble losing, but hey, keeping the food part in control! LOL

Willie - being honest with ourselves about what we eat and drink is a huge step forward. Acknowledging it to a support group is an even bigger step. I find that having a group like this really helps me to keep honest and try harder to succeed!

Hang in there - do what you can and you will lose. It may take a little longer, but that's ok too. I think losing weight slower helps to keep it off in the long run.

Had a good day today. Tomorrow is the final weigh in for a Biggest Losers Challenge we had at work for the last 11 weeks. As of last week I was the same weight I started at the beginning of the 11 weeks. I guess that's better than gaining! I'm hoping I will post at least a little loss as of tomorrow!

Thursday is our day to post our results for the week!

Here's to hoping we all have good news!

Melanie, your weigh in weight story sounds just like me. I would think after 11 weeks of trying we would have some success. I stay the same too. The world around me is eating Pizza and cheeseburgers with not a thought. We eat our little NS, or salad, and go without the comfort food, and nothing! But your right, we don't gain. Good luck in that weigh in. I hope you have lost 3 pounds!

Hi all, I too have used NS. Great plan and it worked for me however I could not afford to stay on the program. I found some of the NS products at a Big Lots store in my area. $1.00 per item. They were not out of date but close also not a lot of selection. they carried breakfast and dinner meals no lunch.

Anyways, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND STAY MOTIVATED.

Melanie, your weigh in weight story sounds just like me. I would think after 11 weeks of trying we would have some success. I stay the same too. The world around me is eating Pizza and cheeseburgers with not a thought. We eat our little NS, or salad, and go without the comfort food, and nothing! But your right, we don't gain. Good luck in that weigh in. I hope you have lost 3 pounds!

Thanks, Willie! I lost 2 pounds and am very happy! I know this plan works and I just have to keep working at it. I have to keep reminding me that this isn't a temporary thing - it has to be a life change in my relationship with food. It does really get difficult just like you said when the world around me is eating pizza and cheeseburgers!

Hi all, I too have used NS. Great plan and it worked for me however I could not afford to stay on the program. I found some of the NS products at a Big Lots store in my area. $1.00 per item. They were not out of date but close also not a lot of selection. they carried breakfast and dinner meals no lunch.

Anyways, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND STAY MOTIVATED.

Hi Muns! I totally hear you about challenges with affording to stay on the program. Did you research all the equivalents to let you continue the program only without NS foods? I have several NS friends (from a BB on the NS site) who are doing it on their own by tracking the foods and the portions.

Thank you for the encouragement! Willie and I and CJ and her hubby are trying to lose for upcoming cruises.:D

Morning people. Hi muns. Oh yes, the cost is out of sight. I have seen things at Big Lots too. I wonder if the frozen entres like Lean Cuisine or something like that would do the trick.

Melanie, woohoo! Doing the Happy Loser Dance! 2 lbs. Keep going! Go! Go! Go!

Morning people. Hi muns. Oh yes, the cost is out of sight. I have seen things at Big Lots too. I wonder if the frozen entres like Lean Cuisine or something like that would do the trick.

Melanie, woohoo! Doing the Happy Loser Dance! 2 lbs. Keep going! Go! Go! Go!

Things like LC will work - the big thing is to track all portions and be sure to watch the sizes of them. The other thing you have to watch with LC and others is the sodium. NS limits the sodium based on the 2000 mg per day. Some of those meals will provide over half a day's worth in one meal.

I'm at work right now but I will try to post the NS equivalents in "real" food tonight after I get home. It really helps in translating the program into a plan that can be done without purchasing the food.

So our first 7 days is up. How well did you all do in trying to stick to the plan? Maybe we didn't get all 7 - but how about 4 or 5?

Do we want to set come kind of longer term goal? Like target a weight loss or exercise goal for Thanksgiving? What do you think? We have 8.5 weeks to then - at a pound a week we could all lose 8 pounds!

Evening All!

As promised, here are the NS Equivalents!

NutriSystem Equivalents

The information listed below will help you to stay on track even though you are not eating the NutriSystem Entrees. When following these guidelines, still adhere to the grocery food additions listed in your meal planner. Below are some examples to give you an idea of certain meals. Please feel free to cater food choices to your preferences.

Breakfast Example of Breakfast

2 Protein/Dairy (2 eggs)

1 Fruit (1 small apple)

1 Carbohydrate (1 slice rye toast )

Lunch

2 Protein Servings (Grilled chicken 2 ounces)

1 Salad (Small dinner salad)

2 Carbohydrates (2/3 cup Brown rice)

1 Fat (1 tsp olive oil)

Snack

1 Fruit (1 1/4 cup strawberries)

1 Dairy (8 oz light yogurt)

Dinner

3 Proteins (6 ounces of shell fish)

2 Vegetables (Serving Mixed vegetable medley )

2 Fats (5 olives in your salad)

1 Carbohydrate (Smaller dinner roll)

1 Salad

Dessert

1 Dairy (8 ounce glass of milk)

1 Fruit (1 cup raspberries)

Sincerely,

The NutriSystem Counseling Team

1-800-321-8446

Oh, very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Worked my self silly for the last 2 days redoing the shop, so did'nt feel too bad about having some of everything at the BBQ last night. Thankfully (?) the potato salad was terrible.:D Kept me out of it. But the cake and home made ice cream was good.:( Oh well, another day, another calorie fight.

Every day is always an opportunity to either continue on the same path or start over - we each get to choose. One thing I've learned over the last year is to not let what happened "yesterday" prevent me from getting back on track and making better decisions "today". :)

I am just very intent on not ever letting that extra 1 or 2 pounds turn into 10 or 20 ever again!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Archived