cheap wheels or A1 car rentals?

brandygirlo

Deos anyone know anything about or have experience renting a car from either cheap wheels or A! car rentals in Anchorage? We intend to rent a small car - there are only two of us with minimal luggage - from our downtown B & B location and return it a couple of weeks later at the Anchorage airport.

I have read some horror stories regarding switch ups, high prices, etc. Also, I got some codes to use from these boards. Just wondering if there is a problem using them.

Thanks

Deos anyone know anything about or have experience renting a car from either cheap wheels or A! car rentals in Anchorage? We intend to rent a small car - there are only two of us with minimal luggage - from our downtown B & B location and return it a couple of weeks later at the Anchorage airport.

I have read some horror stories regarding switch ups, high prices, etc. Also, I got some codes to use from these boards. Just wondering if there is a problem using them.

Thanks

I have rented from Cheap Wheels both for myself and my employees. I think they only have the one location on Spenard so you will not be able to pick up and drop off at different places. They may have added other places, but I don't think so.

These are used cars, not new like with Avis/Hertz, etc. What we have had has been decent-one was a station wagon from 10-12 years ago. Serviceable but not stylish. Clean but not fancy. And you MUST have insurance acceptable to them and have the paperwork with you or you will buy theirs and it is pretty darn expensive, IIRC. We have commercial insurance which also covers "loss of use" which can run in the 1000's of dollars. There are a lot of normal automobile policies that will cover liability when you have a rental car and will also cover collision damage, but do not cover "loss of use/revenue". Better check your own insurance. You don't want to have a fender bender, have the car tied up in a body shop for months and incur HUGE bills for loss of use.

I don't believe they take any codes, other than their own coupons. They are locally owned and do not participate in national franchise codes.

Archived