Camp Carnival on Spirit to Alaska

modernscarlett

We're doing the Northbound cruise 6/10-6/17/09. We're traveling with two kids, ages 10 & 12, so they'll fall in two different categories.

I've ready mixed things here about the kids activities on the Alaskan cruises. There are some things we'd like to do at night without the kids, but my DD thinks that on-line the kids activities look pretty cheesy. I'd love some advice on what to expect.

We're also doing late dining, and I've heard that this time can interfere with the kids activities. My Carnival vacation planner says no. I'm afraid to pick the Your Way dining with our large group of 8.

Thanks for any input and advice!

Lori

their age s don t seem that a far apart where they could nt indulge

in each other s activities..yet i have nt had to deal with a 10 or 12 yr.

old child in many yrs..:o

what we experienced on the Triumph this past jan..they do have pay-per-view movies..perhaps they could be entertained a couple hr s till you

return...then you can take them out on the ship for a family thing..

We're doing the Northbound cruise 6/10-6/17/09. We're traveling with two kids, ages 10 & 12, so they'll fall in two different categories.

I've ready mixed things here about the kids activities on the Alaskan cruises. There are some things we'd like to do at night without the kids, but my DD thinks that on-line the kids activities look pretty cheesy. I'd love some advice on what to expect.

We're also doing late dining, and I've heard that this time can interfere with the kids activities. My Carnival vacation planner says no. I'm afraid to pick the Your Way dining with our large group of 8.

Lori

we are on the my same cruise. my daughter is 9. this like her 12th cruise and there is plenty to do. hust relax and enjoy the cruise. all will have fun. this is our 3rd on the spirit and the caamp is great

we are on the my same cruise. my daughter is 9. this like her 12th cruise and there is plenty to do. hust relax and enjoy the cruise. all will have fun. this is our 3rd on the spirit and the caamp is great

Thank you! Maybe our DD's will get to meet in June. I appreciate the feedback.

Lori

Lori

They are going to be in two different age groups. It is up to you whether the late seating will interfere with camp. While I have not done an Alaskan cruise, I can't imagine it is much different from the others. Camp at night starts @ 6 for dinner, and then opens for regular camp at 7 and goes until 10. If you are planning on having them eat with you, then yes, it is going to take them out of camp.

My son, almost 11, has been cruising since he was 8 and loves Camp. Once they are in that 9-11 group, parents can decide whether or not to let them sign themselves in/out. They play sports, swim (pool is covered on Spirit, I believe) go on scavenger hunts, have video tournament etc - totally age appropriate. The 12-14 mostly meet in the afternoon and evenings, consistent with that age groups tendency to sleep in!:p

Not sure what you are thinking is cheezy, by my DS has had a blast.

Not sure what you are thinking is cheezy, by my DS has had a blast.

It was the pics on the Carnival website for the Spirit showing kids coloring in what looked like a big Day Care type room that made DD feel that way. What I've read, however, sounds much better.

Archived