Alaska cruise choices

we only saild DISNEY AND RCCL , looking at RCCL for Alaskin , but wondering if Carnival Spirit would be simlar to RCCL . Spirit is less , but i am afraid of getting what a i pay for by switching to Carnival..:confused:

Any one do either ?

any help would be great

Pros ans cons.

thank you

If you like Disney and RCCL, I would think you shouldn't use Carnival to Alaska. We've only sailed them once, and it was more of a younger, party crowd rather than a family crowd. But that was in the Caribbean and not in Alaska. In any case, you can't go wrong with RCCL for Alaska.

We've done Alaska several times -- RCCI, Princess, and Holland America among the lines. I would choose by itinerary and by ship (rather than line).

I prefer a Northbound (rather than R/T or Southbound) itinerary and really love Sitka and Junau. Research the AK ports and determine which you are most interested in.

Then with all else being similar, use the ship as a tie breaker. If a Radiance of the Sea cruising is available for the time and itinerary you want, grab it. Radiance (with all of its outward facing glass) is the ultimate ship for AK.

Hope you pick a trip that will exceed all of your expectations. Good luck

why is that?

I think that some people prefer the northbound itinerary because they feel that the scenery becomes even more spectacular as they head north. On the other hand, we prefer southbound because that way we get the longest flight (Boston to Anchorage or Fairbanks) over with at the start of our vacation and have a shorter flight home (Vancouver or Seattle to Boston) at the end, and we also prefer to take a land tour prior to boarding the cruise so that we can use the first day or two onboard to relax and recuperate from our busy land excursion. YMMV.:D It is pretty much you "pays your money and you makes your choice".

Archived