Best Way To Transfer To London to Meet TGV

chinaiyf

Hi-we're relocating to Brussels and taking the 19 Jun QM2 transatlantic instead of flying. We want to take the Eurostar from London St Pancras to Brussels on the 26th. What is the best way to get to London (we're 5 altogether and will have three self-carry bags) and how early can we get off the ship. Thanks

Hi-we're relocating to Brussels and taking the 19 Jun QM2 transatlantic instead of flying. We want to take the Eurostar from London St Pancras to Brussels on the 26th. What is the best way to get to London (we're 5 altogether and will have three self-carry bags) and how early can we get off the ship. Thanks

It reads like you are relatively mobile. If you want cheap:

I would take a taxi to Southampton Central, pre-book MegaTrain tickets then take Underground from Waterloo to Euston and walk short distance to St. Pancras or change at Oxford Circus to St. P/Kings X.

megabus.com/uk - train or bus

Train or bus from Southampton starts at one pound. Bus available at that rate (1 person) for June 25th at 10:25am. Self-help, you should make it. Train not up yet. Fares then increase with availabilty to 4, 6 etc pounds.

Ted in NYC

It reads like you are relatively mobile. If you want cheap:

I would take a taxi to Southampton Central, pre-book MegaTrain tickets then take Underground from Waterloo to Euston and walk short distance to St. Pancras or change at Oxford Circus to St. P/Kings X.

megabus.com/uk - train or bus

Train or bus from Southampton starts at one pound. Bus available at that rate (1 person) for June 25th at 10:25am. Self-help, you should make it. Train not up yet. Fares then increase with availabilty to 4, 6 etc pounds.

Ted in NYC

Thanks for the great info. We'll self-help off the ship, train to Waterloo and then London Bus 59 to St. Pancras.

Thanks for the great info. We'll self-help off the ship, train to Waterloo and then London Bus 59 to St. Pancras.

A bus with luggage in central London will be a nightmare. As will the tube - there are no lifts. Just escalators.

If it were me (and I've worked in London) I'd get the Cunard transfer to St. Pancras. A bit more expensive, but so much easier.

With 5 of you, have you considered a car service from Southampton to the St Pancras Terminal. It would be soooo much easier than trains and buses. If you were off by 8am you could be in London by 10.30. http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html are an excellent company and would want £135 for an MPV to Central London from Southampton.Buses suck with luggage.

With 5 of you, have you considered a car service from Southampton to the St Pancras Terminal. It would be soooo much easier than trains and buses. If you were off by 8am you could be in London by 10.30. http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html are an excellent company and would want £135 for an MPV to Central London from Southampton.Buses suck with luggage.

At that price it is a no-brainer. Car Service is the way to go.

Any thoughts on what traffic from Southampton to London might be on Thursday at 8am? Planning on a 1400 Eurostar.

You are travelling at a busy time but having said that, I would say that you should be at St Pancras by 11am. The drivers can find alternative routes if one is too heavy. Absolute maximum would be 4 hours.

I just posted this in another thread, but I will post it here also :)

I just recently used the above mentioned car service to go in the opposite direction: I arrived on the Eurostar (from Brussels) in St. Pancras and was picked up there by the driver who took me to Southampton. The service was excellent and I paid £100 + £6 for the parking fee.

It took about 1,5 hours to get to Southampton, but this was on a Saturday morning.

Archived