Questions about Mariner Penthouse Suites

Hello Regent Boarders!

This is my first time posting on your board and wanted to thank you for all the wonderful threads and information you share. I have a couple of questions regarding Penthouse accommodation on the lovely Mariner and I just know I have come to the right place to get the answers. I have sailed on Mariner but previously I have traveled in the Deluxe Suite category. For an upcoming sailing I am planning a Penthouse experience and noticed that in the brochure it indicates a pillar with curtains which separate the bedroom and living area. There is also a chair in the bedroom. In some of the photos I have found online I notice that when the carpet was changed to the lighter color option along came a few changes. It seems that the chair has been replaced with a floor lamp and the pillar has gone missing. Has the pillar been removed from all of the Penthouses or only certain ones. I actually like the idea of having the illusion of a separate sleeping area - as in the Horizon Suites.

I also wanted to ask whether, in your opinion, you feel you benefit from the Butler service offered in PH B and PH A. I am not accustomed to having a Butler on my cruises and I am not sure how best to utilize this feature and wondered whether PH C would be suitable for my travel needs. Primarily I have chosen the PH Category merely to have the extra space.

Thank you for your thoughts.

My wife and I have stayed in a Penthouse B on the Mariner, but not recently enough to say if they have changed the cabin significantly. When we stayed in one we felt the curtain was pretty useless for the intended function. You will not miss it if it is no longer there.

As to the butler, opinions vary. We prefer to be in a cabin with butler service. We use the butler to arrange various things for us, as well as take care of the inevitable problems that occur. It is well worth the money to us. The best thing to do is to try it once. Then decide for yourself.

I've had a butler once, and will have one again if we make our December Voyager cruise. It was fun, and it will be fun again, but I didn't find the benefit to be of a tangible nature--we gave the poor fellow very little to do, but he seemed very nice and probably did not mind that we didn't tax him with requests. I would never book a suite just so I could have a butler.

Archived