Cruise Critic Guest Book on QM2

J Cruise

If you are going on the Queen Mary 2, don't forget to sign the Cruise Critic Guest Book. The book is located behind the desk at the bookstore in the library. Just ask the guy behind the desk for the "Guest Book." I suggest going there the first day and signing in with your real name, user name and cabin number, so you can keep in touch with other Cruise Critics on your cruise, or plan your get-together. I asked the guy behind the desk if there were any other Guest Books onboard, and he said this was the only one. I forget who placed it onboard, but understand it has been there since the maiden voyage. There are six pages complete, and about 55-60 pages left. I signed in the first day on our 11-16 cruise, and Phoenix Cruiser (Marc and Sylvia) were the only other people to sign in, although I know we had a lot of Cruise Critics onboard. It was interesting to see names signed in previously such as RKACruiser and Cunarder, that I have followed on this board.

Phoenix Cruiser - how did you receive such a tremendous upgrade from a C to a Q? After we got back on the ship in St. Thomas, some friends invited us to the Queens Grill Deck at the rear of Deck 11 and we watched the sunset from that jacuzzi and had drinks. All of the people we spoke with there seemed very nice.

Our upgrade was from a B2 balcony to a Q5, still quite a jump. Nobody to this day can explain it, since it was our first Cunard cruise. We do use the same TA every time, but she was at a lost to explain our good fortune as well. So we chalked it up to the Fates, enjoyed the cruise of a lifetime, and remind ourselves it is back to steerage next time out. :D

Archived