memphis tours Egypt

nchagwa

Hello nchagwa,

My wife and I cruised on Crown princess, leaving Port Everglades on 04/12/09.

I used memphis tours service April 5-6. I

we were to meet at 730am in front of the ship. A private limo was

to pick us up so that if my parents got tired we could come home; but instead we waited

outside for one hour for other people to convoy with

One couple was to come at 830 and the other group of 3 came early and was to be there at

930. !

Talking to others who had private tours they all had lunch included as well as drinks and

water along the way, for the same price we paid and they had a private car.

Summary of my complain:

1-Not private tour as they promised me

2-The cairo city tour was brief and rushed

3-Memphis tours hotels are not anywhere close to 5 or 4 stars, as advertised.

4-Dinner selections were extremely limited

5-Not allowing enough time for unhurried photographs.

My advice: Avoid Memphis tours.

Paul

Has anyone used Memphis tours in Egypt? If so, what are your thoughts about their service and price?

Thanks for an honest review. So many people just rave about their tours you would think every company and guide is wonderful. I too would be very unhappy waiting around for several other groups to arrive. I assume this is why your tour was rushed. Did they provide any security, or was traveling in a group their idea of security?

When I was looking for a overnight Cairo trip I searched CC for reviews. If you search for "Memphis Tours" (with the quotes around) you will find lots of positive reviews and that is why I booked with Memphis Tours, also because they were the best communicators in quickly answering my emails and many questions. I was quite concerned when I read Paul's review about his trip. I sent an email to Memphis Tours this morning and have already received a response. He indicated that your tour was booked by a travel agent that didn't let them know that it was supposed to be a private tour. He also told me the 2 hotels they use (Le Merieidn Pyramids Hotel or Moevenpick Phramids Hotel) so I could go to tripadvisor.com to read about them, which I'll do. I'll keep my eyes open, cause I have plenty of time to cancel and book with another if I get uncomfortable with my choice. Right now, I won't let one bad review change my plans.

We were very pleased with our MemphisTours excursion from Alexandria to Cairo for the one day tour. Everything as promised and price as indicated. Would use them again.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Crystal Symphony completing the cruise to give you gray hairs because of all the shifting of the ports and times. We had booked with Memphis in Jordan and for Luxor and Cairo. They were wonderful in responding to all the changes in locations and dates that occurred on this cruise and responded promptly to our emails. We had the tours as promised, were met promptly at the ship and when the Crystal was planning on docking in Suez at 3am, they were ready to come and meet us for the drive to Cairo. You can't go wrong with them. Judy

• 4 weeks later...
When I was looking for a overnight Cairo trip I searched CC for reviews. If you search for "Memphis Tours" (with the quotes around) you will find lots of positive reviews and that is why I booked with Memphis Tours, also because they were the best communicators in quickly answering my emails and many questions. I was quite concerned when I read Paul's review about his trip. I sent an email to Memphis Tours this morning and have already received a response. He indicated that your tour was booked by a travel agent that didn't let them know that it was supposed to be a private tour. He also told me the 2 hotels they use (Le Merieidn Pyramids Hotel or Moevenpick Phramids Hotel) so I could go to tripadvisor.com to read about them, which I'll do. I'll keep my eyes open, cause I have plenty of time to cancel and book with another if I get uncomfortable with my choice. Right now, I won't let one bad review change my plans.

Hi have you checked out Memphis Tours. We are going on the Equinox in October and wondering if they check out. Also, we were going with DeCastro and now it has been changed to Moustafa Tours. I did like what I read on Memphis.

Please email me at kcynhar@aol.com

Cynthia

Hi have you checked out Memphis Tours. We are going on the Equinox in October and wondering if they check out. Also, we were going with DeCastro and now it has been changed to Moustafa Tours. I did like what I read on Memphis.

Please email me at kcynhar@aol.com

Cynthia

Yes, I checked out Memphis Tours and am staying with my choice. Email on the way!

Don't know anything about Memphis Tours. We used DeCastro Tours in March for our overnight in Cairo and could not have been more pleased. DeCastro "spun" off their cruise tours and their new website at: http://www.moustafaegypttours.com/ gives all the info you need to book. We were part of a large roll call group for this cruise. Some members used ship's tours, others used Nile Blue and some like us used DeCastro. Nile Blue used vans for their transport while DeCastro used a bus with a restroom. Nile Blue stopped at a "convenience store/gas station" on the way to Cairo and left one couple there. Apparently, no head count was done but others noticed they were gone. The van had to drive for a ways before it could turn around so it was a scary 40 minutes for our roll call friends. We heard the story from them personally. Also Nile Blue did not put them up in the hotel they were promised. Used a "less expensive"(for them) one. DeCastro delivered everything they promised. We HIGHLY recommend them. We are not a "plant" just real people who had a great experience with them.

<<<Karen>>>

Don't know anything about Memphis Tours. We used DeCastro Tours in March for our overnight in Cairo and could not have been more pleased. DeCastro "spun" off their cruise tours and their new website at: http://www.moustafaegypttours.com/ gives all the info you need to book. We were part of a large roll call group for this cruise. Some members used ship's tours, others used Nile Blue and some like us used DeCastro. Nile Blue used vans for their transport while DeCastro used a bus with a restroom. Nile Blue stopped at a "convenience store/gas station" on the way to Cairo and left one couple there. Apparently, no head count was done but others noticed they were gone. The van had to drive for a ways before it could turn around so it was a scary 40 minutes for our roll call friends. We heard the story from them personally. Also Nile Blue did not put them up in the hotel they were promised. Used a "less expensive"(for them) one. DeCastro delivered everything they promised. We HIGHLY recommend them. We are not a "plant" just real people who had a great experience with them.

<<<Karen>>>

I checked out their website and immediately saw a red flag!

They want a 50% CASH deposit and the remainder in cash upon arrival. There is no protection using a credit card if they don't deliver.

Plus, Memphis tours has live chat. you can chat online with them with any questions.

Plus, Memphis tours has live chat. you can chat online with them with any questions.

Wow, didn't know about the live chat. Thanks. I'll use that to make some changes to our tour since RCCL decided to stay 2 days in Alexandria instead of meeting the ship in Port Said.

I'm not a bit concerned about putting a deposit down on our tour. If a tour does not require a deposit, there will be some that just won't show up for their tour and cause needless waiting for no shows.

Yeh, the live chat is an added bonus, I thought, because I got immediate answers instead of waiting on a reply.

I feel the same about the deposit. Altho, I have booked tours before with no deposit and it has always worked out, but none that were overnights requiring a hotel and such.

I am really intereste in Memphis Tours. I like the itinerary for the Giza trip.

I couldn't find anything for a day trip to Alexandria. Does anyone know if they offer a day trip of Alexandria or if not, do you know if they would let you set one up?

I don't want to spend the night off the ship. We just want to return to the ship late at night the first night and then get up the next morning and tour Alexandria.

If I can't find anything about it through Memphis Tours, I guess I can always choose another company for that day.

Roadtripster,

Just send the message you posted here to them via their website and they will answer with a itinerary and price. Then if you want to make changes or add ons, they are more than willing to work with you. That's what we did for our overnight we booked with them for December.

• 1 month later...

I know this post if about Memphis, but since the topic of 'upfront' deposit was raised, I wanted to share some information about another company that I've booked with: Ramses Tours.

In doing my research, I contacted De Castro, Memphis, Blue Nile and Ramses. In addition to NOT requesting deposit, Ramses tailored the itinerary to our needs (French guide) and also a different tour since we've been to the area before. George, their manager, have been in contact with me within a few hours everytime I needed information. So far, I'm really impressed...

Furthermore, he wrote: You pay at the end of the tour when you know you are happy with the tour... So that sounds really good to me!

Prices was also very competitive with other quotes.

MC

have you considered ramses tours, i have heard good reviews about them and the clincher for me was that not only they dont ask for 50% deposit, you pay your tour at the end of the tour, now that is a guarantee i like. we are taking a tour with them in decembre 2010, i wasnt happy paying 50% upfront 16 months in advance with other companies and then i found ramses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We used Memphis tours twice in 2008: overnights in Luxor in April and in Cairo in November. We were very happy both times with our guides, drivers and their ability to meet our needs. The hotels used in both places were very nice, and we will always remember having breakfast overlooking the river in Luxor! I communicated with them directly, and they worked hard to make changes at the last minute for us, as well. We had a car, a guide and a driver all to ourselves and they were able to accommodate every strange request, including buying "real" (not touristy) musical instruments. Yes, we did cart home a very large Egyptian drum.

• 2 weeks later...

My family of 9 used Memphis Tours for an overnight excursion while on the Brilliance of the Seas this past November.

I was a great experience from pick-up to drop-off.

We were met at the pier by Hassan, who was very personable & charming.

Our guide, Emmy, was FANTASTIC!!!! We could ask her anything...she knew the answer.

Memphis Tours gave a a very experienced driver. He was able to navigate the congested streets of Cairo with ease. (which is a feat within itself)

Memphis Tours also allowed me to tweak the itinerary to fit our needs & interests.

As for the deposit, I did give 25% prior to the cruise. The contract stated that it would be fully refundable if I needed to cancel prior to the start of the cruise. I had no problem with this as it made me feel secure that I had indeed purchased an excursion!

We did pay the balance at the END of the tour as we were pulling up in front of the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas.:D

Archived