Berlin segway tour - can i get there???

I've already booked a Segway tour in Berlin that starts at 10:00 am. We dock at WARNEMUNDE at 6:00 am. Can I make it there in time and how do I do it? The train schedules are very confusing ! Does the train from the port go directly to Berlin, or do you have to go to Rostock first? I'd appreciate HELP!!! Thanks.

Christy Alderman - Regatta 6-15-09

I've already booked a Segway tour in Berlin that starts at 10:00 am. We dock at WARNEMUNDE at 6:00 am. Can I make it there in time and how do I do it? The train schedules are very confusing ! Does the train from the port go directly to Berlin, or do you have to go to Rostock first? I'd appreciate HELP!!! Thanks.

Christy Alderman - Regatta 6-15-09

Have you checked already these postings:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/warnemunde-germany-train-station-guide.html

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/warnemnde-berlin-train-schedule-2009.html

You need to scroll down for all information you need.

To calm you down:

Due to your early arrival you can make one of the only two direct trains without transfers from Warnemünde to Berlin.

As there are several providers in Berlin I cannot tell you if you can make it until 10.00 hrs. You will be 09.42 hrs in Berlin Central Station. If your provider starts from a central location in Berlin you can make it. But the train has an additional stop at Berlin Gesundbrunnen if your location is more in the northern part. 09.36 hrs.

E.g. if you are using Segway-Kult-Tour: you can get off Berlin Gesundbrunnen and change to S1/S2/S25 trains to Oranienburger Straße.

From here it's five minutes walk to Chausseestraße 124.

arrival at Berlin Gesundbrunnen at 09.36 hrs

next commuter trains

09.40 hrs (you can handle it if you are quick walkers)

09.48 hrs

3 stops = 6 minutes transit time

or you take a cab for few Euros and you'll make it definately.

You must tell me the address of the company you booked your tour.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I have looked at your guides and they were very helpful! Thank you so much. Can you clarify a couple things for me? The train station that I see on this map (the one right at the port), does it go direct to Berlin? It looks like the train has to go to Rostock first.

http://www.rostock-port.de/en/cruise_shipping/warnemuende_cruise_center/description_of_berths.html

The Segway tour we are taking is through City Segway Tours and we are supposed to meet at the giant TV Tower in Alexanderplatz. (I've emailed them to ask for the address). We are supposed to meet at 10:00 AM. I'm not at all nervous about taking the train, I'm just worried that we won't make it to the tour on time. I've also read your advise on renting a car, do you think we could get there faster in a car???

Thanks for all your help - We are so looking forward to seeing Berlin!

Christy

I have looked at your guides and they were very helpful! Thank you so much. Can you clarify a couple things for me? The train station that I see on this map (the one right at the port), does it go direct to Berlin? It looks like the train has to go to Rostock first.

http://www.rostock-port.de/en/cruise_shipping/warnemuende_cruise_center/description_of_berths.html

The Segway tour we are taking is through City Segway Tours and we are supposed to meet at the giant TV Tower in Alexanderplatz. (I've emailed them to ask for the address). We are supposed to meet at 10:00 AM. I'm not at all nervous about taking the train, I'm just worried that we won't make it to the tour on time. I've also read your advise on renting a car, do you think we could get there faster in a car???

Thanks for all your help - We are so looking forward to seeing Berlin!

Christy

Uff...

09.58 hrs at Alexanderplatz if you transfer at Central Station to commuter train...

09.53 hrs at Alexanderplatz if you transfer at Gesundbrunnen to subway...

Let me be honest... if you dislike to drive: make it to Gesundbrunnen and take a cab...

Regards,

HeinBloed

We booked it. Don't know if you;'e on the same ship (We're on the Eurodam) To simplify things a bit for us, we overpaid for the ship's train-transportation-only excursion which is supposed to arrive in Berlin at 9:40 (at Hbf, I assume) - which should allow enough time.

Furthermore, according to their site, the first half-hour is spent training on the segways. I suspect that really means about 10 minutes to check people in and distribute helmets, 10-15 minutes to explain and train, and about 10 minutes for people to get ready to move (bathroom breaks, last-minute questions on segway or helmet, etc) So.... I figure that even if we're 5 minutes late, it should be fine.

Also, when you reserve, you can leave a note for special requirements, etc. I mentioned our circumstances in the note. Also, we'll have a phone with us, and I can call their office if we run into delays.

When will you be in Berlin?

Mark

(We are talking under two different links - sorry about that)

I think you are right about them spending "orientation" time at the beginning. I'm going to contact Oceania and see if they have an estimated time of arrival in Berlin and then I'll probably do that too.

I also need to go to ATT and do whatever I need to do so that my cell phone will work while I'm there.

I really appreciate your advice - I've been trying to figure out how to rent a car before the rental offices open and they have not been very responsive.

Thanks again for the help.

Christy

I've been trying to figure out how to rent a car before the rental offices open and they have not been very responsive.

Sorry - I would make the calls for you to check the situation but unfortunately the offices are already closed and I am flying very early to Madrid tomorrow morning.

I am back for two days on next Tuesday.

Following suggestion: if you have not found a solution or have not heared from them: you find my e-mail-address in my signature.

And tell me with whom you tried to get in touch and your full name that I can refer to your initial correspondences.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived