Have a few questions

Margate Cruiser

What is the smoking policy on board, Is it restricted to different parts of the ship. Like can they smoke on balcony's as one example. Is bottled water free if not what do they charge. Are there laundry facilities and do they charge and how much? Do you know the going rate of tipping in the cabins as well as the dinning room? Thank you

I can help with a couple of points.

1) If the cruise is in Europe be prepared for lots of second hand smoke. Even in areas that are labelled as non-smoking there will be smoking.

2) Laundry - usually towards the end of the cruise Costa will have a "magic bag" where for a flat fee of around 20 Euros you can fill the laundry bag. Normal fees are around 2 - 4 Euros per piece depending on what the clothing is.

3) Bottled water is not free but you can get glasses of water at the buffett. I forget what the price is for bottled water.

The tap water in the dinning room and buffet is fine. Drinkable. This coming from someone that never drinks tap water anywhere. Water is readily available in the buffet area.

However, with the X1 card now out, I am not sure if I need to drink the tap water again though.

Rob

Archived