Mex Reviera March 2010, book now or later?

Liza555

For a while we have been looking at doing the Mexica Riviera in March 2010 over our Spring Break. Of course with all the hoopla over safety, and now swine flu, I have been putting off booking.

On one hand, booking early allows you to be able to get your cabins together (we are travelling with friends and family), but on the other hand I kind of think that the pricing will drop as they will need to get tourists back to Mexico.

Now my question is, what do you think will happen? Will the prices drop, or since it is Spring Break, should I go ahead and book?

Thanks,

Liza555

For a while we have been looking at doing the Mexica Riviera in March 2010 over our Spring Break. Of course with all the hoopla over safety, and now swine flu, I have been putting off booking.

On one hand, booking early allows you to be able to get your cabins together (we are travelling with friends and family), but on the other hand I kind of think that the pricing will drop as they will need to get tourists back to Mexico.

Now my question is, what do you think will happen? Will the prices drop, or since it is Spring Break, should I go ahead and book?

Thanks,

Liza555

You or a loved one could get hit by a truck,heart attack or whatever so don't worry about swine flu.

We always book early in order to get cabin selection, as long as you have the time to stay on top of early booking you can chase the price drops as an example our price for Hawaii has dropped by $2280 for the 2 weeks since we had booked it.

And Mexico is an extremely popular land and cruise destination for spring break so you don't want to wait too long.

It also looks like the economy is picking up, at least Canada side, so you have a bigger chance of price increases rather than decreases for spring break timing.

Mexico is going to want those cruise ship s back in port ASAP.. they ll likely be

lowering the port charge s as well..and the cruiseline s are going to

be trying to bring back all those skeptical travelers to the Mexican Riviera..

i d book within the next few month s..just watching the pricing and

go with what your comfortable with..and as mention d you can cancel

within 75 day s of the sail date and get your money back..be sure to ask their price reduction policy should you notice the price going down..

in my case..the price did go down on our upcoming Alaskan iteniary..when i called to make final payment..NCL adjusted our final payment and gave us $150 OBC:)

Were doing Mex. Riv. Sept 20. Was surprised to see AE suite up $200 per person over the early booking price. The final payment is due early July. We'll see whats going on then. I believe this will be the first Mex. cruise for NCL since all the bad press. If your dealing with a T/A it's a bit more complicated, as all adjustments to your cruise have to be done by the T/A. Were sailing out of San Francisco there may be a cruise the same time from LA.

Archived