Children £99 BW0910

I've been waiting for this price since Christmas! It's finally arrived and I've booked myself, hubby, daughter and her friend, can't wait.

Having never taken a child that isn't mine abroad before does anyone know whether I need a signed permission letter (to prove I'm allowed to take her out of the country and in case of a medical emergency) from her parents.

Thanks

Do you get the deal via FO direct or can it be combined with a cruise agent discount? We are all set on Balmoral for this year but would be grateful to know where to look for the future.

Good summer itinerary for a child price deal. We always do well in summer with FO too. We ought to keep it a secret!

It's on their website but you have to start the booking procedure as it doesn't advertise it, you don't see it until the page before the cabin selection.

I then took the page to my travel agent and asked them to price match, throw in insurance etc.

I'd been looking at Balmoral BL0912 too but it hasn't done the £99 thing so I booked the other.

HTH

That's brilliant, thanks.

If you are ever looking for deals again also don't ignore the large % off deals offered by agents at times. FO don't charge a lot for children anyway and 20% off of adult price can be just as good, especially if they throw in OBC as well. (We got that with cruise.co.uk this year).

I hope someone can help with the paerwork side but I would contact FO myself as I wouldn't want to get there and find my paperwork wasn't in order and they couldn't board.

In response to your original post we do not require any additional paperwork for your daughter’s friend, just the usual such as passport, tickets and travel insurance. Regards Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Head Office, Ipswich

Perhaps Customs might?

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
Having looked into this further although we as a company require no additional paperwork, under the 1984 Child Abduction Act Immigration will require legal consent from the Parent/ Guardian.

Regards Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Head Office

Thanks for that - I thought I might need something. Does it need to be signed by a solicitor? Or witnessed by an independent person? Or just a signed letter from the child's parents?

Thanks

Archived