Rooms Near Elevators- Your thoughts?

YFancyface

We always book a year in advance in order to be able to get our choice of cabins...right next to the elevator. I've never been tempted to try for the aft balcony. Love the convenient location and we've never experienced noise.

We have had several cabins near elevators. On the Star Princess, our cabin was across the hall from the elevator lobby on the Emerald Deck (E705). We could see across the lobby to the other side. But we never heard any noise from it.

On our most recent cruise--on HAL's Westerdam--we had a balcony cabin that was right beside the outside elevator (5097). We could see people riding in the elevator when we stood at the railing of our balcony. Inside the cabin, we could hear the bell--but not to the extent that it bothered us.

Thanks for all the replies! We're booked on the Mercury to Alaska and our room is pretty close to the elevators. I was fine with it but suddenly worried that the noise might keep my Mom awake (she's a light sleeper). Good to know most people haven't had any real problems. :)

Edited to add: 60 days today! Woot!!!

I just looked at our room location and saw that we are very close to the elevators... I was just wondering if you have stayed there before and had any issues? If it were you, would you req it to be changed? :confused:

I would suggest you get another rooms leave it up to someone else. The rooms near the staircases and elevators are quite noisy. We did our cruise last year and it was like bang everytime someone left in one.

Its up to you, if you think you do not mind that much noise then stay there. I had issues cause I am a light sleeper and I am a single woman, so I thought of waking up each night. so what I remeded the thing was to sleep all day and be up almost most of the night. Many times I slept out in the lobby or near the decks outside, a bit balmy at the early am hours but it was MY cruise and I did what I liked but I would change this is only my own opinion

Loretta Marie

Archived