Fine Print on Coupons?

Are there any fine print on the coupons?

My mother in law has a coupon for $100 Royal Caribbean cruises that were booked during a certain period. She can't use it, and wants to give it to us.

I haven't see the coupon, but she says it can be given to non C&A members.

Any drawbacks to using a coupon? DOes that lock us into a set rate, or slap on cancellation fees if we decide to change/cancel?

Thanks,

Depends on what kind of coupon she has..if it's a Crown & Anchor coupon you would need to be a C&A member at the same level she is to use the coupon...if it's a friends & family coupon you should be able to use it no problem.

Using the coupon doesn't incur any fee's, unless your travel agent is one that doesn't give you full face value.. once you use the coupon you can't combine any other benefits...but it doesn't sound like you have any to combine so it wouldn't apply to you.. you CAN get any price drops that may come along on your sailing...

Depends on what kind of coupon she has..if it's a Crown & Anchor coupon you would need to be a C&A member at the same level she is to use the coupon...if it's a friends & family coupon you should be able to use it no problem.

Using the coupon doesn't incur any fee's, unless your travel agent is one that doesn't give you full face value.. once you use the coupon you can't combine any other benefits...but it doesn't sound like you have any to combine so it wouldn't apply to you.. you CAN get any price drops that may come along on your sailing...

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it must be a F&F coupon because she called RCI to make sure that we could use it.

And we have the booking directly with RCI, so there is no worries about TA.

I just wanted to make sure I could still cancel or change or whatever without any troubles.

Is it by anychance a Next Cruise certificate? I belive they give you extra coupons to share with your friends when you book onboard...if that is the case you would also have some Onboard credit coming, based on the length of the cruise you book...

If you do make any changes to your booking...different date or ship... just be sure to keep the same booking # and your credit will follow you...

Is it by anychance a Next Cruise certificate? I belive they give you extra coupons to share with your friends when you book onboard...if that is the case you would also have some Onboard credit coming, based on the length of the cruise you book...

If you do make any changes to your booking...different date or ship... just be sure to keep the same booking # and your credit will follow you...

I do not know. My MIL is supposed to call and figure out the details.

If it is the Friend and Family coupons that came with the Next Cruise purchase, it can only be used when the Next Cruise is redeemed and only for the same sailing date and ship as the Next Cruise passenger. The booking numbers would all be linked together. So your MIL would have to book the same cruise as you with her Next Cruise in order for you to redeem the F & F coupon. There is a 30 day time limit to redeem the F & F once the Next Cruise is booked. I was told this by a Crown & Anchor rep.

This does not sound like what you have planned.

When in doubt, always call RCCL and find out...If you are not sure of the agent's accuracy, call again and speak to another agent. Sometimes you will get different answers, unfortunately.

If it is the Friend and Family coupons that came with the Next Cruise purchase, it can only be used when the Next Cruise is redeemed and only for the same sailing date and ship as the Next Cruise passenger. The booking numbers would all be linked together. So your MIL would have to book the same cruise as you with her Next Cruise in order for you to redeem the F & F coupon. There is a 30 day time limit to redeem the F & F once the Next Cruise is booked. I was told this by a Crown & Anchor rep.

This does not sound like what you have planned.

When in doubt, always call RCCL and find out...If you are not sure of the agent's accuracy, call again and speak to another agent. Sometimes you will get different answers, unfortunately.

This does not sound like an F&F then. This sounds like a plain ole coupon for $100 off. I don't think this was generated from an agent, but from RCI themselves.

Hopefully I'll know more info soon.

Archived