Limo or private transfers in rome

I know that this question has been asked MANY times before but lately I have not been able to find any threads containing more information so that I can compare companies.

I need to set up private transfers between FCO and Rome city center hotel and then from hotel to Civitavecchia the following day. Can you experienced travelers out there provide any recommendations based on your experience and indicate why you recommend that company?

So far, from reading the threads, I have only read positive reviews about Romeinlimo. There is one other company that I have read about but I have read a few comments where people have indicated that they have been left stranded at the airport. I remember having read posts many months ago where several people highly recommended someone named Stefano. However, I have not been able to find any such posts within the first 5 pages of threads.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can provide your recommendations and experiences

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Stefano of Rome Cabs is extremely reliable as are his other driver/guides. Once you are booked with him, he provides you with his cell phone number so you can contact him in the event that your plane is delayed or some other problem pops up. He is a great communicator & is always wonderful about answering any questions you might have. You can contact him at romecabs@yahoo.com & he will reply promptly.

I booked my transfer from FCO to Rome on www.viator.com for a shuttle transfer (like our Super Shuttle) for $23 pp. Received a voucher and arrival went without a hitch. Viator had a list of hotels they services, e were staying at a small hotel near the Vatican, and when I looked at the list, saw a hotel name (I thought was our hotel). Upon closer checking, it wasn't, I immediately called Viator, he put me on hold and called the provider to make sure my hotel would be okay. It was. I really liked the service.

I was going to use them for the transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia too, but after joining our roll call, decided to share a transfer with two other couples with Stefano of Rome Cabs. We were at 3 different hotels all close to the Vatican. We had a Mercedes Mini-van that had plenty of room for the 6 of us and all our luggage. The designated time for our pick-up was 11:30. At breakfast that morning, the receptionist came to me stating I had a phone call. I couldn't imagine who would be calling me. It ended up being the driver confirming our pick-up time of 11:30. He actually arrived at about 11:15. It was pouring rain, he opened the side door for us to enter the van, while he proceeded to the hotel lobby and loaded our luggage himself. He was an excellent driver, although we didn't see much because of the rain, until we reached Civitavecchia and it cleared up and the sun was actually shining there. The driver unloaded our bags and handed them off to the porters at the pier. We paid 30 EUR pp for the private transfer and it was well worth it.

Depending on your own preference, I would recommend either one of these methods, as they both worked great for us.

Archived