Diamonds International & other shopping

luna_goddess

Hi! We'll be honeymooning at the Excellence Playa Mujeres & need to hit up the Diamonds International in Cancun for our free charm! (lol)

Does anyone know where the Diamonds International is, and any other good shopping???

THANKS!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! We'll be honeymooning at the Excellence Playa Mujeres & need to hit up the Diamonds International in Cancun for our free charm! (lol)

Does anyone know where the Diamonds International is, and any other good shopping???

THANKS!!

The Cancun location is at La Isla Mall. This is a great mall to spend an afternoon or evening walking around. It has a lot of upscale shops, but there aren't a lot of true bargains to be had in Cancun IMHO. Other shops at La Isla that I like are La Fiesta. There are two locations in this mall, I always browse through both, but prefer the location that is NOT across from Starbucks and is at the end by the theater. Kind of kittycorner to this La Fiesta is another souvenir shop that has a straw bull in the window with a serape on it. They have a good assortment of tequilas here, if you're looking for that. :D

There's lots of places to eat here too. One we like, Casa de las Margaritas.

Other places to shop in Cancun (this is in the order you'd see them on the bus coming into the party zone from your resort:

Plaza Caracol - kind of haphazard in the layout, but I usually find some nice reasonable jewelry here. Ultra Feme has a great perfume selection.

La Fiesta - free standing yellow store adjacent to Plaza Caracol. Next to LF are some artisan stalls.

Coral Negro - Pink building walking distance from La Fiesta. Sits right where the two way street going towards downtown splits into a one way street. Not for the faint of heart. There'll be lots of hey lady, come into my shop. Amigo, just five minutes. Cheaper than wal-mart. I never find anything I want here. :(

La Isla (mentioned above already)

KulKulKan Mall - I keep wanting to like this mall because when it was new it was THE place to go. Mostly it's got a lot of vacant store fronts. Here I do like Luxury Avenue, Taxco for silver jewelry, and some tequila store on the upper level just outside of Luxury Avenue.

I think this is the main list of malls and such. Happy shopping.

Flamingo Mall - eh ... also known as "T-Shirt" mall.

If you haven't already, check out the Trip Advisor Cancun forum. It's very active with lots of good info about Cancun.

Archived