Has anyone used New Orleans Cruise Ship Parking, Machu Picchu Travel Services

Texaspepper

• 1 month later...

there's a few posts on the carnival connections forum about the service...everything i've read says it's good...one benefit is you don't have to wait in a parking garage with the rest of the 2k people who just got off the cruise all trying to get out at once...but i'll probably still park at the port just to keep things simple :) if the price was more substantial i'd definately look into it but for 2 bucks a day i'll just keep the car at the port.

there's a few posts on the carnival connections forum about the service...everything i've read says it's good...one benefit is you don't have to wait in a parking garage with the rest of the 2k people who just got off the cruise all trying to get out at once...but i'll probably still park at the port just to keep things simple :) if the price was more substantial i'd definately look into it but for 2 bucks a day i'll just keep the car at the port.

Yes, from all I read it is better than parking at Port Of New Orleans and fighting all the thousands of people parking and unloading their bags at the inside terminal.

if you decide to go this route let us know how it goes. seems to be a well-run operation. just wish there was somewhere in the $10 a night range...but i guess if people will pay it, they'll gladly charge it :)

Make the reservation today. Note. .when we arrive to park it is cash only.

MP is ok and people certainly park there, but the convenience of parking at the port is worth more than $2/day to me.

Instead of a shuttle bus, you take an elevator to/from your car.

At the port, you pay when entering the facility, so there isn't that hassle when leaving and they do take credit cards.

if you decide to go this route let us know how it goes. seems to be a well-run operation. just wish there was somewhere in the $10 a night range...but i guess if people will pay it, they'll gladly charge it :)

I think Fulton Street garage is $10.

Has anyone used New Orleans Cruise Ship Parking, Part of the Machu Picchu Travel Services? Recently? We are sailing CCL Fantasy 5 Day July 6, 2009 Cruise from New Orleans. Here is their web site.

www.nocruiseshipparking.com

We stayed at the Drury near the French Quarter last March. They have a Park 'n Cruise special:

* one night (or more I assume) hotel

* hors d'oevres and wine/beer/liquor (one)

* breakfast

* parking for the duration of the cruise

All for 99 plus tax - we got a king room with a whirlpool tub. Beats parking at the cruise port! Also, taxi to and from took 5-10 minutes and was 16 each way.

Your choice.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to say that we used this parking last August (2011) and we really enjoyed the service, friendliness and no hassle. I watched the people in line, both coming and going from the port parking and they were in line much longer than we were. I also checked prices for various parking suggestions and Machu Picchu had the best. It's only about two or three blocks from the terminal so it's not like you have to take a taxi or bus clear across town. Very easy and painless in my opinion!

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise 1/21/2012. Angel made it so easy! The park is easy to find, near the terminal, fenced, gated, and the service was the best! It was so much better than trying to park at the terminal. We passed by as cars were trying to just enter the terminal parking. We didn't wait to be taken to the ship nor picked up. Angel told us what door to come to when we got off, give him a call, and he was there in less than ten minutes. I'll never park at the terminal again, and getting onto I-10 was a breeze, no traffic.

• 4 weeks later...
Cruise 1/21/2012. Angel made it so easy! The park is easy to find' date=' near the terminal, fenced, gated, and the service was the best! It was so much better than trying to park at the terminal. We passed by as cars were trying to just enter the terminal parking. We didn't wait to be taken to the ship nor picked up. Angel told us what door to come to when we got off, give him a call, and he was there in less than ten minutes. I'll never park at the terminal again, and getting onto I-10 was a breeze, no traffic.[/quote']

Thanks for the review, I was almost going to change my mind & park at the port. But, I will stick with Angel.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the review, I was almost going to change my mind & park at the port. But, I will stick with Angel.

Would you recommend this parking?? What was your experience like?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We wanted to find somewhere to park other than the cruise terminal because of the outrageous prices. Online it said we could park at Machu Picchu cruise parking for only $84.00, which seemed like a great deal compared to the cruise ship terminal for $112.00. When we got there it wasn't a parking deck it was a tiny barely covered garage type thing. Not secure at all! They told us it would be $100.00 and didn't even explain why it was more. They told us to move our car to the corner next to some random junk. There were no cameras and only one lady watching the cars, not to mention there was only maybe 5 other cars and we saw no other people the whole time we were there. Then a guy came and picked us up, he was nice and the ride there was enjoyable. When we got back we called like they told us to, and they said they would come get us. We waited for about 30 mins and then got a call saying they were leaving because the police made them and we needed to take a can to the place. They said if they couldn't find us they would call and they never did the only call we got was them saying take a cab were leaving. We then had to find a cab and had to pay an extra $20 to take a can 2 miles to the place. Then when we got there there was no gate closed we walked right to our car and no one even came to see who we were. We got in our car and left without seeing anyone. So in all we ended up paying more than just parking at the cruise ship and our car wasn't secure at all! We won't be using them again!

We wanted to find somewhere to park other than the cruise terminal because of the outrageous prices. Online it said we could park at Machu Picchu cruise parking for only $84.00, which seemed like a great deal compared to the cruise ship terminal for $112.00. When we got there it wasn't a parking deck it was a tiny barely covered garage type thing. Not secure at all! They told us it would be $100.00 and didn't even explain why it was more. They told us to move our car to the corner next to some random junk. There were no cameras and only one lady watching the cars, not to mention there was only maybe 5 other cars and we saw no other people the whole time we were there. Then a guy came and picked us up, he was nice and the ride there was enjoyable. When we got back we called like they told us to, and they said they would come get us. We waited for about 30 mins and then got a call saying they were leaving because the police made them and we needed to take a can to the place. They said if they couldn't find us they would call and they never did the only call we got was them saying take a cab were leaving. We then had to find a cab and had to pay an extra $20 to take a can 2 miles to the place. Then when we got there there was no gate closed we walked right to our car and no one even came to see who we were. We got in our car and left without seeing anyone. So in all we ended up paying more than just parking at the cruise ship and our car wasn't secure at all! We won't be using them again!

Not our experience. We parked there while on the STAR and had prompt service. Pick up was prompt as promised. Paid a little less than cruise terminal parking. Was a private parking garage. Would use them again.

Archived