Liberty 04/11 - Videos

Nezmo

As you know, the upgrade would be well worth it and if you don't, you may regret it as you've been in that room before and know how fantastic it is! Quick question for you. We are relatively new to cruising and it seems you are quite the expert and will know the answer, but I've noticed that other cruisers have managed to get a price reduction on their cabin before final payment. How does that work?

Unfortunately the Captain's Suites are booked for my cruise so no cigar this time. But I'm looking to move from a Junior Suite to a Grand Suite.

As for price reductions there are several scenarios. If you booked Early Saver then I understand you can get refunds or on board credit if the price reduces on your cabin up to two days before sailing. On a non Early Saver I think you can call and ask for a price reduction on your booking if the price of your cabin reduces prior to final payment - or you can upgrade. I think that's about it. It's not a case of calling them and just asking for a reduction.

There are also cases closer to when you sail when Carnival may call you to try and upsell you to a better room. From what I hear, they don't offer much, if anything off the standard rate to move up although some have had luck bartering.

I can tell you for suites that it's rare to get them to budge on price.

Unfortunately the Captain's Suites are booked for my cruise so no cigar this time. But I'm looking to move from a Junior Suite to a Grand Suite.

As for price reductions there are several scenarios. If you booked Early Saver then I understand you can get refunds or on board credit if the price reduces on your cabin up to two days before sailing. On a non Early Saver I think you can call and ask for a price reduction on your booking if the price of your cabin reduces prior to final payment - or you can upgrade. I think that's about it. It's not a case of calling them and just asking for a reduction.

There are also cases closer to when you sail when Carnival may call you to try and upsell you to a better room. From what I hear, they don't offer much, if anything off the standard rate to move up although some have had luck bartering.

I can tell you for suites that it's rare to get them to budge on price.

Aha, that all makes sense. I will keep an eye on the cost.

I hope you are able to upgrade.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived