Turkey Visa for Indians (or those ineligible for visa-on-arrival)

I was just curious if anyone with a more unusual passport has experience cruising to Turkey. I've seen the endless posts reiterating that Americans, Europeans, and Canadians don't need a visa (as long as they're not embarking or disembarking in Turkey), but I'm curious about people holding passports from countries that are not eligible for a Turkish visa on arrival.

I would imagine the cruiseline still takes care of this for all of their passengers, but I'm curious if anyone has first-hand experience.

We've had bad luck in the past asking at the embassy, because they just told us to go ahead and apply for our visas to Vietnam. Later the cruiseline sent us a notice that they would handle it on the ship, and the purser's desk refused to refund the fee for the ship's visa, claiming that our multiple-entry tourist visas, issued by the embassy after looking at a copy of our itinerary, were "the wrong type!" (Because clearly the purser's desk knows more about Vietnamese immigration law than the Vietnamese consular staff. :rolleyes:)

Archived