Help with Rio-Ft Lauderdale on Star

BlueBayou08

Seriously considering this one. However a bit concerned booking air with cruise line. Heard some stories where it's almost a trip around the world to get you to the ship or back home. Is it worth paying extra for air deviation with Princess? If we decide to book our flights separately, how easy and expansive are cabs airport-Copabana and than to the ship? In other words, is it more trouble than booking with Princess? Your experience would be appreciated. Thanks-

To get a decent answer it would help for you to mention where you would be flying from. And I assume you mean from your airport to Rio could be multiple stops and transfers. Whether you use Princess air or not might depend on the cost for flights that you book yourself. Often Princess has a better price for these long flights. Rio is popular city so flights from Miami might be somewhat reasonable in relation to Princess flights. I do not recall what the cost was for a taxi to our hotel on Copacabana Beach.

I suggest you also look at his TripAdvisor page on Rio: http://*****.com/orf3r8

• 2 weeks later...

Archived