Belize single mom

Smartypants72

Hi! I will be going on the Legend alone with my son (6) this summer. I have been here before but its always been just me and my husband. I'm going to book with a private cave tubing tour as I have done when I was here before. What I'm wondering about it other single moms or just single women alones experience around the port area. Never felt scared or threatened around the port area but am wondering how different of an experience this will be as a single woman with a child.

I went to Belize with my younger brother (he was 15 at the time) and it was just the two of us. I never felt uncomfortable at all. In fact he went back to the ship before me because I wanted to shop (of course!) and he was done. I felt safe.

If you stay within the walled pier area you will be safe. Just make sure your private trip picks you up there and not outside the pier area. Also post in your Roll Call thread, maybe there will be some others from the ship on your excursion and then you can meet and go as a group if you are really concerned.

We were there in April on the Lamanai ruins through Belize Excursions and felt completely at ease the whole time. But, we were picked up inside the fenced in area and dropped off at the gate, so we didn't experience any of the rest of the town except to drive through it. Which, by the way, was fun for the girls. We were there during the week and all the kids were on their way to school. We attend a Catholic school, uniforms and all, and the girls liked seeing their different colored uniforms that are manditory down there for all kids. Hope you enjoy your experience as well.

I am married but DH and I often vacation separately and usually our 2 young daughters go with me. My last trip to Belize was with my mom and 2 DDs (6 and 9). We booked with Major Tom and had a WONDERFUL experience.

My recommendation would be to decide on these boards what you are interested in doing and then book with a reputable tour guide (Major Tom, cavetubing dot com, Coral Breeze, etc.) or through the ship. You will be with others and will have native Belizeans with you as guides.

We loved Belize. Pls let me know if I can answer any questions.;)

I have experience with ncq adventures. Nacho and Cynthia picked us up at the pier and even provided a car seat for our son. The car was safe and clean and they did exactly what we thought would be best for us. They had lots of information and were great people. I will be using them again in less than a month this time with my kids (4 and 8) and various relatives including my grandparents. I expect nothing but the best from them and can't wait to see them again.

Archived