HAL Rotterdam CA

beauwalker

I was looking at the deck configuration for OV cabins on the Rotterdam and came across the CA "lanai" class. They are OV cabins with sliding glass doors onto the lower Promenade deck. It looks like Hal places these at the top of the OV category. I suspect they are either wonderful or terrible . We are looking at booking the black sea and egyptian explorer in Oct. Good choice or bad? I am open to any recommendations for OV as well. Thanks

Those Lanai cabins are brand-spanking-new, so I'm curious to hear of anyone who has sailed in them. They appeal to me very much - you' ve got instant access to the largest verandah on the ship - what could be better??? We were thinking of one of those cabins on the Statendam to Alaska - UNTIL HAL's new 14 day Alaskan cruise came out for 2010, so we've booked an aft oceanview on the Amsterdam instead. She doesn't have the Lanai cabins, or we would have booked one. I think it would be ideal, but I guess to each his own. Enjoy whatever you choose! Hopefully someone with experience in one of these cabins will pipe up!

Archived