Gold Creek Salmon Bake ... Help!

Travel-Jen

After our whale watching tour, which ends at Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, wondering if we could go to the Gold Creek Salmon Bake on our own?

If so, could we take a cab from Mendenhall to the salmon bake? If so, how much is the salmon bake per person?

Then once done, are there cabs we could take from the salmon bake back to the pier?

Sorry for all the questions, but we leave in 2 weeks, and are making the final plans for our trip.

Thanks! :)

After our whale watching tour, which ends at Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, wondering if we could go to the Gold Creek Salmon Bake on our own?

If so, could we take a cab from Mendenhall to the salmon bake? If so, how much is the salmon bake per person?

Then once done, are there cabs we could take from the salmon bake back to the pier?

Thanks! :)

We're doing the same thing in Juneau for our cruise in July. Here's what our whale watching tour operator told us. They are dropping us off at Mendenhall as well and then they have arranged for a taxi to pick us up there after one hour. The taxi will take us to the Salmon Bake and from there, there are blue buses that will take you back to the port (free I believe). The cost of the Salmon Bake is $39 pp.

I understand that it's best to arrange for your taxi ahead of time because they don't just hang out waiting for passengers like they do in the Caribbean.

Hope this helps.

JMHO, we cancelled the salmon bake, no disrespect meant to Carnival or the OP. Did a lot of research, looked at what was posted on Youtube, weighed all the varieables, such as weather, anf finally decided we could do without the outdoor picnic, mainly because we would probably have at least one salmon choice at every dinner on the ship, and walking around the port seemed like a better option for us. Now that is not to say we will end up wishing we had not cancelled, and it took quite a bit of looking at different sites and asking a bunch of questions, and it was just me and my sister, no kids, so we decided to cancel. Actullly, I hope you all have a wonderful time and make me wish I hadn't cancelled.

JMHO, we cancelled the salmon bake, no disrespect meant to Carnival or the OP. Did a lot of research, looked at what was posted on Youtube, weighed all the varieables, such as weather, anf finally decided we could do without the outdoor picnic, mainly because we would probably have at least one salmon choice at every dinner on the ship, and walking around the port seemed like a better option for us. Now that is not to say we will end up wishing we had not cancelled, and it took quite a bit of looking at different sites and asking a bunch of questions, and it was just me and my sister, no kids, so we decided to cancel. Actullly, I hope you all have a wonderful time and make me wish I hadn't cancelled.

Actually we're having the same dilemma re the Salmon Bake. I've heard good things but also that this is an extremely "touristy" excursion. When I think that we can do the whale watching, the glacier and then still see a bit of the town and go back to the ship for our dinner, that might be the best alternative too. Guess we'll see how we feel on the day of. We haven't booked the Salmon Bake anywhere; you don't need reservations. So that leaves our options wide open.

Trust me - the salmon on the Ship won't come anywhere close to the Salmon you will get on Shore. I'd do the salmon bake.

Archived