Stroller rental on Carnival?

YayGirlsTrip

I could have sworn I had seen something about stroller rentals, but maybe I am imagining things? Are there strollers for rent for port use?

I'm debating bringing our umbrella stroller for use in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. My DD is 5 yrs old and tall, and looks silly in it at this age, but I imagine it could come in handy if we do much roaming around (even for toting souvenirs!).

What are your thoughts?

No, you aren't seeing things. I just looked it up and it says $25 -

Single and Double Stroller: collapsible; roof/umbrella

Strollers can be used on the ship and in the port-of-calls.

Single Stroller

Jeep - Kolcraft Enterprises, Inc.

"Jeep Wrangler Sport”

Model: 55095 - PA23470 (HK)

Double Stroller

“Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport”

Model: 55111

With that being said, I have not PERSONALLY tried this. But I am able to pull the info from the CCL site and have seen flyers on this included with our camp carnival info when we get onbaord.

Check the weight limit on those strollers! My 5 year old is 57 pounds and 47 inches tall! I decided to go ahead and get a Maclaren Volo. Last year in San Juan I had to carry my son for 30 minutes because he refused to keep walking. After a meltdown, I carried him back. Want to avoid that whole situation this summer.

I would bet the weight limit is 40 pounds on the Jeep stroller.

Yep, you can rent strollers (as well as video game systems) from the ship, on a first-come-first-served basis. I saw posters advertising this in front of Camp Carnival, so I assume that's where you rent them.

We brought our own deluxe umbrella stroller that folded flat. It was less than $20 at Wally World, and has a storage basket and canopy. Because the handle was a straight bar, rather than the two separate U-shaped handles that standard umbrella strollers have, we were able to slide our daughter's booster seat onto the handle and secure it with a bungee cord. Not only did this make it easier to transport her car seat through port, but it also made a great handle extender so my hubby wouldn't have to lean over to push the stroller.

We rented the Jeep stroller from Camp Carnival on our last cruise- it worked just fine and you can use it whereever you want. Just return it at the end of the cruise. Its $25 no matter how long the cruise is.

We rented the Jeep stroller from Camp Carnival on our last cruise- it worked just fine and you can use it whereever you want. Just return it at the end of the cruise. Its $25 no matter how long the cruise is.

wow I am so glad that this thread is up. I had not thought of using a stroller for our ds who will be 4 at the time of sailing. He is so independant we barely use any stroller for him at home. I am glad to hear that we will have the option of using one on the ship for shore excursions.

A tall 5 year old will not fit in the Jeep stroller. My son broke his foot at 4 and he was 45 inches at the time. We went stroller shopping and the Jeep was the first one out- too short between the seat and the foot rest and a very low weight limit. His knees were up around his shoulders in that one!

We have a Graco Ipo now that we take on really long trips or lots of walking. He's 6 and doesn't look silly in it, can still put his head back and sleep and it's very easy to push with him in it.

Archived