Paradise Beach or Chankanab (sp?) with a 6 yr old.?

Smartypants72

Which one did your kids like better? I've been to Chankanaab (last time 2006) before but not with my son. Now this summer its just he and I. Should we go there or Paradise Beach? I see that P.B. has a lot of beach toys but I havent ever been there. Which do you think a child would like better?

In my opinion, I love Chank but it is more difficult to get in the water, unlike Paradise Beach where you can just walk in, not sure how deep the toys are though....I would opt for Paradise Beach...just my .02

Our 7yo at the time, liked Paradise. The water is easy access, we also went kayaking, snorkeling, and played on the trampolines.

But note, the trampolines are pretty far out, and take some effort to climb up onto. And if alot of people are out there, it can get abit rowdy. So keep close to a 6yo, esp if not a strong swimmer.

The iceberg is very big, and again takes alot to climb up onto the first level. I saw a few big falls, so I would use caution with a small one. But if he is a rough/tumble kid with plenty of experience in water - go fer it.

Service and food at Paradise are great. Get a few seats and umbrella, meet your waiter, and have a great day.

My kids love Paradise Beach. The trampolines and iceberg are in about 15 feet of water. The snorkeling isn't great but it keeps my kids happy - my then 6 yo son learned to snorkel there and it is still one of his favorite vacation memories. There is plenty to keep the kids happy for several hours and the food and drinks are really good and not too expensive. Fresh showers, lockers and clean restrooms make this a good family spot.

You will need a $20 deposit for the locker and about the same or DL for the snorkeling equipment. You pay for the wristbands up front.

Archived