How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

I booked on Tuesday for a cruise on Monday! 6 days. I can't even begin to tell you the level of giddiness!

Wow! I can't even imagine!

RE: How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Oh, about three days! :D:D:D

What a cowinkadink! I must have been thinking of you when I posted. ;)

I just booked for July 26 NCL Gem Med cruise and am positively giddy! Running...maybe skipping... to the computer to check the posts and doing endless research on ports! Once I am firmly booked for excursions, I will begin shopping and making endless (yes I do mean endless) lists of all the packing and itinerary details. Then I will scour the sites for dailies and daydream until I pack and fly off!!!!

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

Oh not you too!:D

I think when I actually book the trip is my first sign of giddy.

Then it relaxes for a while because I tend to book real early.

Next , when I make my final payment, at least for a few days....

Then........

THE EDOC DANCE! is Pure Giddy.

Then things take a course of their own.

Overdose of CC and seeing who else is on the Roll call and what others are saying on the threads about the the ship, the food, the adventures.... It's Random Giddy depending on what I read.

A little Stress rolls in about a month before. (getting dog/cat sitter lined up, do I have enough spending money, why didn't I go on a diet months ago etc...)

Packing does not make me Giddy by any means. Finally closing the suitcase and having it zipper makes me Giddy because all I have do no is get there.

The Big Giddy for me is when I see the ship....

Wait there is the ship sighting driving down the Henry Hudson from a distance. I get giddy then as I yell...I see a ship!!!

Ok, Big Giddy is when I see the ship up close and I am standing in line waiting for my turn looking at her out the window. I think I have a perpetual smile on my face at the terminal.

And those are my Giddy moments!:D

Edited by LOWTYD

I think when I actually book the trip is my first sign of giddy.

Then it relaxes for a while because I tend to book real early.

Next , when I make my final payment, at least for a few days....

Then........

THE EDOC DANCE! is Pure Giddy.

Then things take a course of their own.

Overdose of CC and seeing who else is on the Roll call and what others are saying on the threads about the the ship, the food, the adventures.... It's Random Giddy depending on what I read.

A little Stress rolls in about a month before. (getting dog/cat sitter lined up, do I have enough spending money, why didn't I go on a diet months ago etc...)

Packing does not make me Giddy by any means. Finally closing the suitcase and having it zipper makes me Giddy because all I have do no is get there.

Wait there is the ship sighting driving down the Henry Hudson from a distance. I get giddy then as I yell...I see a ship!!!

Ok, Big Giddy is when I see the ship up close and I am standing in line waiting for my turn looking at her out the window. I think I have a perpetual smile on my face at the terminal.

And those are my Giddy moments!:D

Me too--LOWTYD--esp driving down the Henry Hudson!!! My DD and I go into the city on Sundays sometimes, just to drive that way!!!:D

Monday I was in the city this week, and it was fleet week--it was pretty cool seeing the Naval ships in the slots where I would see the Dawn and the Gem!!!

Pure Giddy!!!! (or was that seeing the sailors in their whites!!!:eek:)

I'm definitely a cross between Bermuder and Lowtyd - great lists by the way, you two!!

I go through all those stages almost exactly as Bermuder lists them, but all the little things that happen in between that are directly related to the cruise also set me off... EDOCS, final payment, booking my before and after accommodations, transfers or car rental... and the rest of the time I just go through my daily existence with that always present knowledge that no matter how bad my day might be going or how annoying something might be... I've got a cruise in my future!!

I kind of laughed when I started reading, because since I booked the Epic last week, I've been exceptionally giddy... to the point where I started thinking I was 'neglecting' my usual happy anticipation of my upcoming cruise on the Sky. Now I feel reassured that it's just my natural reaction to the booking! :)

Ha, you got that in right be me!!!

Then that would make the Butler . . . . .

Whoa Boy!

Great minds... er ... so-so minds think alike. :)

Don't be callin' me boy, sir! That's Mr. Boy to you. :D

Me too--LOWTYD--esp driving down the Henry Hudson!!! My DD and I go into the city on Sundays sometimes, just to drive that way!!!:D

Monday I was in the city this week, and it was fleet week--it was pretty cool seeing the Naval ships in the slots where I would see the Dawn and the Gem!!!

Pure Giddy!!!! (or was that seeing the sailors in their whites!!!:eek:)

I agree - that's the best street in the world - the one leading to the ships!

and the rest of the time I just go through my daily existence with that always present knowledge that no matter how bad my day might be going or how annoying something might be... I've got a cruise in my future!!

I kind of laughed when I started reading, because since I booked the Epic last week, I've been exceptionally giddy... to the point where I started thinking I was 'neglecting' my usual happy anticipation of my upcoming cruise on the Sky. Now I feel reassured that it's just my natural reaction to the booking! :)

You are so right! I always have to have a vacation booked. That knowledge makes anything and everything else more than bearable. Life is good! And I had that guilt too when I was getting excited about booking our cruise for next May. I felt I was neglecting my excitement for our Bermuda cruise. I've never had 2 booked before so the guilt was a strange feeling. But I am so convinced I am going to love my BA aft in June (before I even ever set foot in it), that we wanted to book next year's while they were still available. :D

You are so right! I always have to have a vacation booked. That knowledge makes anything and everything else more than bearable. Life is good! And I had that guilt too when I was getting excited about booking our cruise for next May. I felt I was neglecting my excitement for our Bermuda cruise. I've never had 2 booked before so the guilt was a strange feeling. But I am so convinced I am going to love my BA aft in June (before I even ever set foot in it), that we wanted to book next year's while they were still available. :D

Thank goodness I am not the only one. I have had two vacations booked before, but never two cruises (I am still pretty much a cruise newbie). When I saw my beloved GEM going to the eastern mediterranean, I just HAD to book it!!!

But then I started searching the Europe port boards, starting already looking into all the ports. My research for Bermuda is pretty much been long done, and I felt like I was neglecting my upcoming vacation.

Luckily there is so much on the NCL board on the Dawn, that I quickly re-engaged. Phew!!!!!

Well for a while I wasn't too excited because we were going to Disney first. I just did some basic planning like printing out info on the ports (Europe cruise), buying some books, etc. But now that Disney has come and gone, I am super excited! Joined this site, been posting like crazy, booking tours, etc. And today marks my double digits, 99 days to go! :D

Luckily there is so much on the NCL board on the Dawn, that I quickly re-engaged. Phew!!!!!

You're right - it helps a lot that people are coming back from the exact cruise we're going on. Excitement level gets a boost!

And is it normal to get down about four days after the cruise? A little post-party depression?

That sounds about the time, I get ready to book my next. Although in this case, the next is already booked so I will just have to start my research! But I agree with Lowtyd, I try not to think about that. I am planning on my 7 day cruise lasting foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever!! :)