X-Caret ?

katandbud

We are getting ready to do our first cruise and will be in Cozumel for a day. Another website I visited recommended an Eco-Archeological park called X-Caret that is apparently in Cancun? or Playa-del Carmen ?. Has anyone done this excursion while being docked in Cozumel? Is it too much to "island hop" to do this park? Lots of questions!! Thanks for responding:)

Kathy

How long a day do you have in Cozumel? It is on the mainland, about a 15 minute taxi ride from Playa del Carmen. It deserves a whole day... and then some. If you are only in port until 4 or 5pm, I wouldn't bother. If you get in early and leave at midnight, I think it's a great choice. Absolutely beautiful!

Let's see. Arriving at 10am means taking the 11am ferry, arrive at Xcaret at noon, after the taxi ride. You'll have to take the 5 or 6pm ferry back... I would take the 5pm to be sure, which means leaving Xcaret at 4:30. Nope, 4 and a half hours is just a teaser at Xcaret... sorry.

Sally is right...that place is so huge. And so beautiful. There is just tons to do there...shows, snorkeling, eating, beach... You will have to plan another trip and devote at least a day just for that place. Come back and stay in Cozumel awhile!

Archived