Pride Aft Balconies. Are they worth it??

We are looking at an aft balcony on the pride and was wondering if it is worth the extra expense over a mid ship balcony. We are looking at the 4 cabins in the middle not the 2 on the end with wrap around balconies. Are the cabins or balconies any bigger? I have heard it is dirtier on the aft balconies due to the smoke stacks. Is it noisier being in an aft cabin? Do you think the view is that much better? Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin

When we had our first NON WRAP balcony, we were a bit shocked when we first went out. The room size is the same, and the balcony, although it says is extended, has wasted space as it's under the sloping rail (except on deck 4).

And then it was like you were just "out there", with no covering (again, except on deck 4). And when we started moving, it was loud. I mean LOUD, like stading next to a waterfall.

SO, it WAS nice being able to play KING OF THE WORLD in reverse, where you do have a 180 degree panoramic view, but for us, that was it.

I've read other people like it, other people don't. I could take it or leave it.

Now having a wrap, that was a different story.....

we were in the 2 middle cabins 4232 and 4241. We did not encounter any ash from the smoke stack. One added benefit from the cabins on deck 4 is there is a roof above you so if it rains you can still use the balcony. Also provides some shade.

This was our first time in an aft cabin and while it was nice to watch the wake I don't think it was worth the extra money. There are pics in my webshots in my sig if you want to see the cabins.

Tons of reviews here on afts. Easy to do a search & find them. I personally like them but since they recatergorized them, they are too pricey for me. I got an extended balcony for a price of an 8A on the Spirit. Below are pics from the balcony cabin and a video taken from the aft so you can hear the noise that above poster mentioned.

http://picasaweb.google.com/slajmart...97266283300498

2987028450040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2859213290040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

This is another thread as an example: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994272

Archived