Post cruise; getting from Oslo to Andalsnes

I am trying to plan for a short post cruise trip in Norway. My husband and I will be flying into Oslo from Copenhagen post cruise Saturday Sept 5/09 arriving at 0830. We want to go up North to Andalsnes for 2-3 days where my mother-in-law grew up. According to the train schedule we will miss the morning train on the 5th and I don't want to wait all day in the airport to catch the afternoon train or flight up to Andalsnes. It seems that we could catch a bus but I can't find out if there is a bus terminal/pick up at the Oslo airport or if we would have to go somewhere else to catch the bus. Does anyone have any knowledge about that? We fly back to Canada from Oslo on the morning of September 8 so will likely fly from Molde outside of Andalsnes to return to Oslo the evening of Sept 7. I would appreciate any info you may have. Thanks!

Sorry for the slow reply (I saw your other post as well)! We were on a cruise most of last week, and then we had friends in town over the weekend.

It looks like there is a bus to Åndalsnes that leaves in the morning. The bus company is called NOR-WAY Bussekspressen, and their website is www.nor-way.no Route #142 runs from Oslo to Åndalsnes. It looks like it leaves from the airport (Oslo lufthavn) twice a day at 10:50 and 23:00, so you could catch the 10:50 bus. However, the trip takes over 7 hours, so you may be better off just waiting for the afternoon flight, which will get you there in under an hour.

Sorry for the slow reply (I saw your other post as well)! We were on a cruise most of last week, and then we had friends in town over the weekend.

It looks like there is a bus to Åndalsnes that leaves in the morning. The bus company is called NOR-WAY Bussekspressen, and their website is www.nor-way.no Route #142 runs from Oslo to Åndalsnes. It looks like it leaves from the airport (Oslo lufthavn) twice a day at 10:50 and 23:00, so you could catch the 10:50 bus. However, the trip takes over 7 hours, so you may be better off just waiting for the afternoon flight, which will get you there in under an hour.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise and thank you for your response! I did manage to email the bus company who had also provided me with the info you describe. Instead of waiting in the airport all day to catch the afternoon flight, we will take the morning bus in order to see some of the scenery on our way to Andalsnes. We have relatives who will pick us up in Andalsnes.

Archived