What A Feeling!!!!!!

cruzrgrl

I haven't posted in a while because this time of the year is especially depressing for me because this is my 2nd year without my mom for the holidays and I have been really down. But the reason for this post is GREAT NEWS! Tomorrow night is my dh's company Christmas party and I had to buy something to wear because I had nothing and I mean that literally because I have gone from an 18W to a 14W. Of, what a feeling!!!!!!!!!! I was SO SHOCKED at my new size. I don't mean to brag but just this once I think I have earned that right, don't you? No, I am not a skinny minnie but I have lost 22 pounds. I have gone off my diet and have been for several weeks and have managed to hold at 22 lost. I have made a vow to return to my diet after the holidays. Come on and celebrate with me, WE DESERVE IT!!!!!

Cali

That is a great feeling when you go shopping and get into a dress size so much smaller. Congratulations. I know what you mean about the holidays getting you down after a loss like that. I lost my mom and mother in law in 2000. That Christmas wasn't so bad because the family really rallied around. The Christmas of 2002 was bad because that year, in addition to them being gone, 2 of our kids had moved away, a brother in law that usually comes in for Christmas didn't and another brother in law & wife had moved away. That year, I really had the blues. My best advice is to focus on and cherish those that ARE still around while remembering fondly and even tearfully the ones gone. Most important, keep creating memories!

Congratulations!! You've done a wonderful job and deserve to brag.

I know what you mean about losing your mom. This will be my second Christmas also. The saving grace is that 2 new grandbabies were born this year. (I only wish my mom could have seen them, she loved babies so much.) But I know she's in heaven watching down on her family and loving seeing them so happy.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you.

Cathy

Cali,

I'm so sorry about your loss... from what I hear everything heals with time... I'm there now too, having lost my Dad this past August and now having the total burden of putting his affairs in order and also managing my Mother's care (she's housebound w/live-in aide) from a distance. Dad took care of EVERYTHING and now it's on me (not by choice).

Celebrate your loss.... enjoy the party and this time of year with family and friends. Surround yourself with those who love AND support you. Reflect on your Mom but also look at what you've got...

ENJOY (you DO deserve everything!!!)

Carolyn

Archived