Sleeping with balcony door open....

SoCal09

I don't know about you, but my wife and I love to breathe that ocean air at night... I was given this idea recently: Instead of propping the door open with a chair (which you now can't sit in), bring along a couple of bungee cords to keep the door open... If I am going to spend the money, then I want the air... so pleasant when sleeping!

I always get a chuckle when I read about those who enjoy leaving the door open. I love the sound of the waves, but as a lifelong (well, almost) Louisiana resident sleeping in heat and humidity are two things I like to avoid whenever possible! And since we like warm weather cruising, we keep our balcony doors firmly closed. Will definitely want to do that in July!:eek:

But then again, maybe the OP's hair doesn't frizz as much as mine does...:rolleyes:

I know that if the door is open then no a/c....but that is the point. We like the night air and the sound of the water... By the way, there is a way to have the door open and have a/c too... involves a screwdriver and some duct tape, but that is just hearsay from another cruiser...

We always have the door open. Sometimes the cabin steward closes it and sometimes, not. We have yet to spend any time in the brig. Go for it. :cool:

That being said, this post probably belongs in the main area eg ask a cruise question, and not in the Mexican Riviera thread. :o

Archived