Florida STOP not departure

palmtre2

What are cab fares from the port to Disneyworld??? Trying to see if it may be a little cheaper to not buy the excursion to the park thru Carnival. Has anyone done this or is it just easier to purchase the tour????

What are cab fares from the port to Disneyworld??? Trying to see if it may be a little cheaper to not buy the excursion to the park thru Carnival. Has anyone done this or is it just easier to purchase the tour????

It is a long ways from the Port (I suspect Port Canaveral) to Disney World. A rental car will be quite a bit cheaper than taking cab.:)

It is a solid hour from the port to the WDW parking ... and that's isf u know where U R going.

This is a case where I think you are better off to bite the bullet and take the cruise tour

If you DIY you need add picking up / drop off the rental to your (limited) time...plus gas and tolls to the $$ ... and you'll have to stop and buy the admission tickets which I'd guess are distributed on the bus or on immediate arrival on the tour. None of this is a lot but collectively you could loose 1.5 to 2 hours of the already limited time to use a VERY expensive ticket.

But that's actually the lesser worry in my mind. There is really only 1 ... ONE ... road from the port to the Orlando attractions. {well I admit it there are others but they can almost DOUBLE the travel time} It is FAR from uncommon for SR-528 - the Beachline - to get closed down because of an accident. Oh it may only be closed for an hour or so ... but what if U R on the way back to the {departing} ship. It would be a time to determine if the belief that the ship will wait for a ship's excursion is true.

In my mind, a DIY trip to an Orlando park, during a cruiseship portcall to PC is a larger gamble then I would take.

Archived