Captain Club Benefits?

SoCalGal

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before, but how does one find out about priority embarkation? We were in a very long line to board the Summit and saw no special line for CC members. I walked up to the front of the line to ask about it and no one seemed to know anything. We also didn't receive priority debarkation either.

I generally just ask a Celebrity employee after I go through the xray area, and they point it out. Which port were you sailing from?

Are you eligible for priority embarkation? How many cruises have you taken prior to this one? Or maybe you are a founding member....joined prior to Oct. 2002??

Just trying to pinpoint the problem.:eek:

We departed from San Diego on the Summit. It was our third cruise with Celebrity, and yes we are founding members...we actually paid to join CC. According to my membership we are entitled to priority embark and debark. I did ask about the CC line and as I said no one knew anything. Matter of fact I called Celebrity before we left in regard to this other so called "benefits". I did learn that there really is no upgrading staterooms and if you have already booked a balcony, you don't receive a better choice. It's sure not like the good old days.

Yes, San Diego should have had priority embarkation for founding members. Don't know what their problem was.:confused:

I used a CC upgrade last month. Chose the outside cabin I wanted and then paid for one category under that. Doesn't work for balconies, suites, etc. though.

Better luck next time.

We departed from San Diego on the Summit. It was our third cruise with Celebrity, and yes we are founding members...we actually paid to join CC. According to my membership we are entitled to priority embark and debark. I did ask about the CC line and as I said no one knew anything. Matter of fact I called Celebrity before we left in regard to this other so called "benefits". I did learn that there really is no upgrading staterooms and if you have already booked a balcony, you don't receive a better choice. It's sure not like the good old days.

There never was upgrading staterooms to our experience and, as I have said before, we have been members since 1992. Suites and balcony upgrades were never included - upgrades have always been oceanview to oceanview or inside to inside. What would happen is that you would pick out your inside or ocean view cabin and pay one category lower. For example, you would pick out a cat 4 cabin and only pay a cat 5 price - or pick out a cat 11 cabin and pay a cat 12 price.

I was upgraded on every one of my Celebrity cruises except the one I had a suite. The CC upgrade is made only at the time of booking, any other upgrade at the pier or because someone was being nice or whatever is not a CC upgrade. Whoever told you there really is not upgrading is totally wrong but there are conditions.

Don

Don - does that mean you never picked out the cabin you actually ended up with for the captain's club upgrade? When I mentioned there never was upgrading staterooms, I meant that we did not pick out a stateroom and were assigned a different one a category higher. We were upgraded in the fact that we picked our stateroom and paid the price of one category lower. That is the method that I have experienced and have heard others talk about. It is a paper method of upgrade.

Really upgrading staterooms to me means that you end up in different and better stateroom from the one you originally booked.

Archived