Flight schedule

Lessa11

If you had any idea how many thousands of people ask about hotels and how much they are , and how to find something cheaper, if you have a place to stay for one night, everyone, but everyone suggests getting into your departure city the day before. Bring the uncle a thank you gift, or take him out to dinner, and consider yourself very lucky!!

If you can go the day before why not? One glitch in transportation and you're missing a day or two of the cruise plus the cost of getting to the first port to join up with the ship.

Taking Uncle out to dinner seems to be a great idea, IMHO.

Charlie

We are flying in to Sea-Tac at 12:30 to catch a 4:00pm ship. Is that cutting it too close? Should we fly in the night before and camp out at my uncle's condo?

Absolutely camp out at your uncle's condo! Otherwise, all it would take would be one mechanical problem and you could miss up to 1/2 of your cruise, depending on when you have your first port! You need to be checked in on the ship by 2:30, if it leaves at 4pm (90 minutes before departure.) If your plane gets in at 12:30, it will take a good 45 minutes to deplane and get your luggage. Then another 1/2 hour or so to get to the port (in good traffic.) That gives you only 45 minutes of fudge room in case anything goes wrong. :eek: We all know that delays in travel are the norm, rather than the exception these days. ;)

Have a great time! And bring your uncle a nice bottle of wine, or something...

OK, OK, OK. Good thing I got Southwest. They don't charge to change tickets. I don't think my uncle will be there the day we will - he's only there during the work week, then he's home in Bellingham on the weekends. So, I think it should work out fine. Now I just have to figure out the transportation issue. Maybe rent a car at Sea-Tac and return it near the pier. That's cheaper than 2 cab rides.

OK, OK, OK. Good thing I got Southwest. They don't charge to change tickets. I don't think my uncle will be there the day we will - he's only there during the work week, then he's home in Bellingham on the weekends. So, I think it should work out fine. Now I just have to figure out the transportation issue. Maybe rent a car at Sea-Tac and return it near the pier. That's cheaper than 2 cab rides.
Good choice on going a day early. If Uncle's not there you can just leave a nice bottle of wine for him.

Charlie

Archived