Buying 14K Hawaiian jewelry

Travelover

I'd take a look at Na Hoku. They are my favorite jewelry stores in the islands. They make their jewelry in Hawaii. There are several on Oahu including - one in the Hilton Hawaiian Village, one in The Waikiki Beachwalk, and one in the Ala Moana Center. I've shopped at the one in The Waikiki Beachwalk and the Ala Moana Center and they both had a nice selection.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.nahoku.com/NaHoku/Home Look under rings and you can get an idea of what they have.

btw - I've bought over 2 dozen pieces of jewelry from them. They are very reputable and their jewelry is excellently made.

Enjoy. Aloha!

After looking at the website you posted, that looks like just what I am looking for...thanks. Are you a local? Appreciate your input...

Glad that you found what you were looking for! I really like Na Hoku's pieces.

Nope - wish I was a local! ;) But, my parents started taking me to Hawaii when I was a child. We'd go at least every other year for a month or so. The tradition has continued - I still try to vacation in Hawaii with my parents on a regular basis. So far, we've made 14 trips together to our favorite place on Earth! We always feel like we're returning "home" when we visit the islands.

Have a fabulous stay in paradise! (And, if you have any other questions, please ask!)

I agree...it is paradise. Of all the places my hubby and I have visited, he says that is the place he would live. Last time we visited, he was VERY serious about it...but we have family here on the Mainland and would miss the grandkids and kids too much...

I was in touch with Na Hoku jewelers. They have stores on land, but also on the ship. They said that the prices were exactly the same onboard as on shore. Did you compare the onboard with on shore?

I haven't been on the POA so I can't answer your question. However, these are very ethical folks so I'd believe that the prices were the same. BUT, you can check it out be listing some of the items and prices from their website, taking them with you, and checking out the prices onboard yourself. Then you will know for sure that the prices are the same.

I'd choose some of their sun, palm tree, and plumeria pieces as a price comp as I would think they would have those onboard.

btw - did you see their plumeria ring and diamond wave band? They said a lot of folks are using those as wedding sets. I got one for myself in the rose gold. I love it and get lots of comments on it.

When you get back - if you don't mind - update this thread with what you find out on your price comparisons. It will be interesting to find out what items they carry on the ship and if the prices are indeed the same.

FYI..the ship has a very nice selection of fine jewelry but the prices are outrageous....would recommend buying offship....

I just returned from POA cruise and compared jewelry from Maui Divers and Na Hoku - I bought 4 pieces from Na Hoku from the store that is on the ship! They did not charge me any sales tax because I bought it when we were not docked and so it was actually cheaper than if I would have bought it onshore from a Na Hoku on land :D

In my opinion they have better quality jewelry than Maui Divers and they are Hawaiian owned company.

Archived