Recent Diamond Cruisers...

Twickenham

OK, so all I read about embarkation in LA says they don't let you on the ship before 2pm. So, my question is, are you better off getting there earlier (11:30-12) and getting your embarkation number, or getting there later, say 2-2:30? Also, once you've checked-in, do you have to stay in the terminal building, or can you walk around outside?

Just returned from a b2b on the Diamond and here is the explanation for the 2 p.m. embarkation. Every 45 days the crew must go through customs. This past Saturday they began crew custom inspection at 6 a.m. and at 1 p.m. when we were getting off the ship they were 1/2 way through.

On 11/27 we were on the ship and in our cabin by 12:30 p.m. On 12/4 when we were in transit passengers we were back on the ship by noon.

Meg

Yes, there was a big delay on Saturday, Dec. 11. We did not get off the ship until 1:30. I imagine that the boarding process started shortly after that.

We were told that the crew clears immigration every 90 days.

For embarkation, we arrived around 1 p.m. (boarding card number 1100?) and were on the ship by 2:30.

I would recommend arriving closer to noon, as the first group went aboard around 1 p.m. Make sure you pick up a card when you arrive in the terminal and as a Canadian stay out of the big line up. Go to the check-in at the far right.

Archived