Shogun Live from The Crown

Shogun

Pity I missed you in Gib. I did hear from one of your CC group that you had been dolphin watching in the morning. I shared a taxi with her and her husband to the top of the rock about mid day. ( Keep on Cruising) She said that you were behaving yourself.

Nice looking ship you were on, seemed a bit quiet though, but to be fair the Grand was a bit noisy that afternoon for our sailaway party.

See you sometime,

Jimmy

Hi Haggis,

We missed each other by about 15 minutes as I was told you were out and about,

so the solution is you need to come on the Crown in either Quebec or

Ft L, this autumn.

if not it could be a year or two as I plan to take a break from cruising to

take care of my new white fluffy best friend.

Looked llike you had a good CD on the Grand, ours Ron was very nice but missed the chance to have a party with the Grand.

Long may you cruise...

yours Shogun

I am glad that changes were being made in the Crown kitchens. While food may be subjective (and I'm sure some people out there like McDonalds better than Ruth's Chris for that reason), the main dining room on the Crown leaves something to be desired. While I will give the MDR on the Ruby every chance in the world, I plan to spend at least one out of every three dinners in Sabatinis or Crown Grill. For the two of us on a 12-day cruise, that's $200 total and very well worth it. Others on my Crown cruise also complained about the food and it wasn't just that vegetables were not warm enough. I am glad Princess is addressing its failures on the Crown and is not accepting as "subjective" that they had problems in the MDRs. While food may well be "subjective", restaurants that serve great food are the one that stay in business.

Pretty much the usual when you serve that many within a short period banquet style. As a whim and because i was invited and able to pass security screening i worked as a server for Colorado Governor Bill Ritter's inaugurational ball at the Denver convention center, 2006. There were 150 tables for ten=1500 people.....hot boxes lined the basement (kitchen) hallways row after row after row labeled with each entree, cold boxes with the salads etc. ....the food was almost an exact comparison to what you will see on most cruise lines in terms of quality and those temperature issues.......even with the aluminum/stainless hats on the plates, the food is often not hot enough by the time the server takes it out of the hotbox and gets it to the table, weaving their way through the masses...........I wish i could see a way to change that, but it''s just the logistics of serving masses of people at the same time. Whew....one meal was enough for me, imagine doing it night after night for months on end!

It was really nice meeting you and sharing the Official Rock Tour with you and your group. It was a very interesting tour; hope all your pictures turned out.

And I sure don't remember saying Shogun was behavng himself.;)

I don't think it was that our ship was so quiet - it was that yours was so noisy!. Actually most of our ship was still on shore since we left about 2 hours after you.

Marge

Yes, the pictures turned out great. I must say the kids really enjoyed the experience with the apes and we are all of the opinion that the mini bus was the way to do it. We were particualarly impressed by our drivers knowledge.

I'll try to attach one of our pictures.

Jimmy

1112791592_GrandPrincessMed2009129.jpg.a875dd06919fe21b3c1297698aa36f54.jpg[/ATTACH]

498943611_GrandPrincessMed2009027.jpg.9bcc14dc15214498296322c7f30e6cf9.jpg

Archived