Cabo & Ensenada fun and cheap?

CurlyRed964

Hello!

I am a single mom with a 7 year old. I am doing a five day cruise stopping in Cabo and Ensenada August 24. What can I do with her that will be fun, but "on the cheap"? I was thinking of doing a boat ride to Los Arcos and then off to the Finnestera. But in case they are full and will not let cruisers in, what is a good alternative? I like music, but I don't want it to be blaring. Good food and drinks are important. Also, more importantly, a place where the ocean is relatively safe for my daughter.

Ensenada has me kind of stuck. I was thinking the wine tour and just bring my little one or the cooking tour. But those are pricey. We love to shop and we love really good food. I don't mind paying a good sum for an excellent, memorable meal. Would we be safe walking around on our own in Ensenada if I use basic commonsense?

Any help would be appreciated. Are you out there Bobnsofi?

In Cabo I would skip the Finesterra and after your water taxi tour to the arch, have them drop you at Medano beach. There are many places that are nice and quiet there. You can have lunch, lounge in the sun and swim in the water just steps from your chair.

In Cabo I would skip the Finesterra and after your water taxi tour to the arch, have them drop you at Medano beach. There are many places that are nice and quiet there. You can have lunch, lounge in the sun and swim in the water just steps from your chair.

In Cabo, if you want to do a water taxi tour, do you just go up to a specific spot after disembarking and ask for a tour? Are there specific water taxis that do tours and others that just take you from one place to another? Trying to decide what to do when we are in Cabo and keep flip flopping. Have 2 kids with us, 19 & 14 so normal sightseeing doesn't cut it. We've done snorkeling and snuba in the caribbean so not sure if we want to do that here. Medano beach is sounding better and better but want to see the arch I think.

The water taxis will be all over the marina when you get off the tender boats. They will be begging you to take a tour. Just make sure to negociate the price before you get in the boat. It is usually about $10/pp for a half hour tour of the area which includes, the arch, Lover's and Divorce beach and the sea lion colony. They expect to pay another $3/pp to be taken to Medano beach. You will have to get off the boat and back on at Medano in a few feet of water. The price back to the tender pier will also be $3/pp or you can take a regular taxi for $10 total.

PS You will be able to see the arch from your ship when it is anchored in the bay!

The water taxis will be all over the marina when you get off the tender boats. They will be begging you to take a tour. Just make sure to negociate the price before you get in the boat. It is usually about $10/pp for a half hour tour of the area which includes, the arch, Lover's and Divorce beach and the sea lion colony. They expect to pay another $3/pp to be taken to Medano beach. You will have to get off the boat and back on at Medano in a few feet of water. The price back to the tender pier will also be $3/pp or you can take a regular taxi for $10 total.

PS You will be able to see the arch from your ship when it is anchored in the bay!

Thanks!

Archived