Mr. Barbados - Crane Hotel Accomdations?

BeckyMac

After researching quite a bit on the Crane Hotel am thinking of a week's stay next Sept. I see that rates are reduced due to renovations taking place and have seen varying opinions on how much of a distraction that would be during a stay there.

Could you give me your opinion on the state of the Hotel and do you think I will be disappointed in the overall condition during the renovation. We are thinking of booking a 1 bedroom with plunge pool, do you know the locations of those particular accomodations.

Have never been to Barbados so this will be a first impression for us.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

After researching quite a bit on the Crane Hotel am thinking of a week's stay next Sept. I see that rates are reduced due to renovations taking place and have seen varying opinions on how much of a distraction that would be during a stay there.

Could you give me your opinion on the state of the Hotel and do you think I will be disappointed in the overall condition during the renovation. We are thinking of booking a 1 bedroom with plunge pool, do you know the locations of those particular accomodations.

Have never been to Barbados so this will be a first impression for us.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I am not completely familiar with the different rooms now as we just go for lunch and dinner. It’s been many years since we’ve been guests at the Crane.

I can tell you that the construction was going on last April when we left the island and I understand it is still in progress.

I don’t know how much noise bothers you, but I don’t like it. I can tell you that there isn’t really a room that is immune to the construction din. Evenings and Sundays are quiet, but they are working from 6:30AM to 5PM daily.

If it were I, I’d make reservations at the new Hilton at Needham’s Point. It is scheduled to open in early 2005. I’d then visit the Crane and check it out. If you like it, stay a night or two.

I think it may be better to wait until they finish the new wing and restaurants at the Crane before committing to a week there.

Best wishes for a wonderful visit! :)

Thx for the prompt reply!

Cant find much info on the new Hilton but will continue to check.

Thought perhaps construction would be winding down by Sept. 2005 but I guess will wait and see. Will probably not get the opportunity to stay at such a hotel at these rates without a little inconvenience.

May just book the Destiny and vist the Crane at that time.

Always enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

at your suggestion we are planning to cab to the crane and spend the day on the beach there next week. if there's heavy construction going on, we may rethink that and go to a different beach.

may i have your opinion and suggestions for an alternative beach if the construction going on will be detrimental to an idyllic beach day in front of the crane?

Archived