Car Rental v. Taxi

Sassy_Lassy4u

I will be in Cozumel on December 22nd, arriving at the International Pier. I and my 2 daughters will be swimming with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park. We would also like to visit Paradise Beach. According to Cruisecal.com, there will be 10 ships in port that day.

Could anyone tell me whether it would be better to taxi between them or to rent a car or jeep for the day? It will probably be less expensive to use a taxi. But I am concerned about taxi availability with so many boats in port, as well as getting taxis from the beach and park.

Donna

Donna,

We are visiting Cozumel for the first time next Tuesday, 12/21. There will only be 4 ships in Port on Tuesday, thank heaven ! We have 5 compact cars rented from Avis to be shared by 20 family members, 4 per car. We plan to snorkel at Dzul Ha, enjoy some lunch, beverages and down time at PB of course, and then an extended tour of the East side, stopping for photo ops at Cocunuts, shopping at Cedral, visiting San Gervasio if time permits, before completing our self guided tour back in San Miguel.

Taxis might be cheaper if you are just going from downtown to Chakanaab Park, then on to PB and back, especially if you have 4 or less in your party. Should be less than US $36 total for the three of you.

We hope this will give us more flexibility and at an average cost of $18 p/p, includes taxes, gas, and insurance, a very affordable alterrnative to taxis, IMHO ! :D

Good luck and enjoy your visit in Cozumel and your cruise.

J&B

Generally there's no problem with taxis, even when there are alot of ships in town. Just be sure you look like a tourist.... which shouldn't be a problem. It's the locals who have difficulty getting a cab on high cruiseship days. They simply won't stop for us.

Big sigh!

Archived