HALF MOON CAY accessible ?

dive328

I'm a very active paraplegic, cruising with Holland America we will be booking one of the Cabana's through Holland,

Does anyone know the cost breakdown of their colored system for the cabana's

and

I've heard they may also have beach wheelchairs ? does anyone know about that ?

thanks.

Kevin Watson

dive328@aol.com

I remember seeing a couple of people in beach wheelchairs in April. If I remember correctly, they were offered "first come, first served" but I don't know how many were available. You will have to take the tender to the island in your own chair and stop by the information booth to request a beach chair. It's close to the tender area. If you want to make sure you get one, get off the ship early.

The cabanas were all priced $250 for the day for up to 4 people. However, I don't know if there are any accessible ones. I know the orange one has 3 steps up to the deck. There are also steps (maybe 5?) to get down from the sidewalk to the beach where the cabana is located. I'd call HAL to ask about the cabanas.

The cabanas were all priced $250 for the day for up to 4 people. However, I don't know if there are any accessible ones. I know the orange one has 3 steps up to the deck. There are also steps (maybe 5?) to get down from the sidewalk to the beach where the cabana is located. I'd call HAL to ask about the cabanas.

$250 is now $299. The only accessible cabana is #1 (Taupe), it has a paved walkway from the back path leading directly into the cabana.

$250 is now $299. The only accessible cabana is #1 (Taupe), it has a paved walkway from the back path leading directly into the cabana.

:eek: WOW! It was "only" $249 in April and I thought that was a little high. We really enjoyed having the cabana for out time on HMC. It was the last stop on a port intensive 14-nt cruise so we lounged in the cabana almost all day. The loungers were really comfortable! I think if we had a shorter cruise or more sea days, we would have been equally happy with a clam shell and explored the island more.

Archived