Does Air Tahiti weigh your carry on?

baf10

Last time I flew on air tahiti 8 years ago they were very strict on baggage allowance. I remember taking stuff out of my suitcase and putting itin my carry on which became very heavy. Does anyone know if they now weigh your carry on? 3kg is a joke. Fortunately I do get an extra 5kg free in my checked bag because I am a diver.

We are flying on Air Tahiti Nui soon too. While I can't speak for them specifically I travel all over the world for work and have never had my carry on weighed...it is always a matter of size. One time (before liquids ban) I had two bottles of wine in my backpack along with tons of other stuff and I bet it weighed 30 lbs or more.

Question - What did you mean about 5 lbs extra allowance because you are a diver? :confused:

Thanks!

Lisa

I am refering to air tahiti and not air tahiti nui. They are 2 different airlines. Air Tahiti flies within French Polynesia and is very strict with baggage allowance. They give scuba divers an extra 5KG in weight allowance if you show your certification card. I would like to know if anyone has flown on air tahiti and has experience with their hand luggage being weighed or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Since no one knew the answer this is what happened to me. They fortunately do not wiegh your carry on they just ask to see it. I was also very happy that they had no problem with me being 6KG over weight with my wife. It may have been because we were scuba divers. On the way back also no problem being 4KG over weight. This was over the extra 5KG I was allowed as a diver.

Thanks for the update, we will be using Air Tahiti again in a couple of weeks. Last year they were weighing everything and we were limited. A couple people had to rearrange. Did you tell them you were a diver, or did they just not ask?

Archived