seven seas restaurant with kids

Just a bit of advice. Destiny 16th July ( med ren and Jewels )

Is there any standards of dress for kids in the Seven Seas ?

My children will wear clean smart jeans /shorts with a nice top, but they will not want to wear trousers and a shirt.

Will there be a problem with this ??

Thanks in Advance.

Just a bit of advice. Destiny 16th July ( med ren and Jewels )

Is there any standards of dress for kids in the Seven Seas ?

My children will wear clean smart jeans /shorts with a nice top, but they will not want to wear trousers and a shirt.

Will there be a problem with this ??

Thanks in Advance.

Most people will wear trousers and a shirt/top. I manage to get my son in to smart jeans and a shirt and that has always been fine. Shorts probably not.

So when my kids turn up at the Seven Seas with a smart pair of dress shorts on and a nice tidy top were not going to be turned away ?

At the end of the day their kids and dress shorts actually look tidier than jeans.

Rules are.

No Jeans or Shorts in the Seven Seas. Quite simple really.:D

If people insist in wearing what they like then standard will start to slip.

Next thing you know we are all wearing swimming trunks for dinner.

If passengers do not want to put trousers on then they can and should eat in the Lido Restaurant.

Sorry always been a stickler for Rules. !!

It's not P&O or Cunard, they are suggestions / guidelines and are for adult attire. It's your holiday, you dress your kids in what you/they want to wear. No one will stop you or your kids from entering the restaurant unless you look like you have come straight off the lido deck or from the pool.

I have cruised with Thomsons on 16 occasions in the last 6 years with my young children and they have been the best dressed on the ship irrespective of whether they have worn a dinner suit or jeans though many have commented how well dressed on formal nights they are not one person has commented on their jeans or denims on casual nights. They have even been to dinner in the 7 seas in their PJ's before going to the kids club slumber parties.

You should also note that there is always someone (usually in the over 60's category) that looks like they got dressed in the dark or just before the paint factory exploded or got a chimpanzee to apply their make up before dining and no one will even notice your kids are in shorts! Enjoy your holiday and don't worry about other peoples opinions and if they have a problem remember it's their problem not yours. HAPPY CRUISING

It's not P&O or Cunard, they are suggestions / guidelines and are for adult attire. It's your holiday, you dress your kids in what you/they want to wear. No one will stop you or your kids from entering the restaurant unless you look like you have come straight off the lido deck or from the pool.

I have cruised with Thomsons on 16 occasions in the last 6 years with my young children and they have been the best dressed on the ship irrespective of whether they have worn a dinner suit or jeans though many have commented how well dressed on formal nights they are not one person has commented on their jeans or denims on casual nights. They have even been to dinner in the 7 seas in their PJ's before going to the kids club slumber parties.

You should also note that there is always someone (usually in the over 60's category) that looks like they got dressed in the dark or just before the paint factory exploded or got a chimpanzee to apply their make up before dining and no one will even notice your kids are in shorts! Enjoy your holiday and don't worry about other peoples opinions and if they have a problem remember it's their problem not yours. HAPPY CRUISING

I tend to sit in the middle regarding this, I understand different people like different dress codes and that is why we have different cruise lines. If you want formality you go with P & O or Cunard. Thomson is less formal and that is why I book it. However, I would not like to share a evening meal in a place full of people wearing track suits or shell suits for instance. Most people make a effort even if they dress casual

My son wears smart jeans and a shirt, I would not let him wear shorts for the evening meal because he needs to understand that sometimes in life you need to make a effort. He would never be out of his shorts otherwise.

Thomson is a relaxed holiday and does not impose many rules. However, it does ask that shorts are not worn in the main dining room and requests that you use the Lido if you wish to dine in shorts. I do not think that is too much of a hassle to respect.

I fully understand and agree with the standard for adult wear in the Seven Seas. I thought it would be a bit more relaxed for the kids. I know my kids won't want to wear trousers and a shirt each and every evening. They are only 9 and 11

Hi Jackadam,

While I appreciate that your young children will not want to wear formal clothes for dinner, I do think it is important to teach them about respecting the rules and other people's views. Part of the ambience of dining in the Seven Seas is that people make an effort to dress nicely. Shorts are NOT formal dress, no matter how nice they are.

Thomson is a more casual cruise experience, but if the dress code states that no shorts are to be worn in the Seven Seas, then that is meant for all diners, irrespective of age. After all, it is no big deal to put them in a pair of smart jeans and a clean "posh" T shirt, is it? Many children now love dressing up for dinner, it makes it a "special" event.

On a recent Royal Caribbean cruise I told one very handsome eight or nine year old boy that he looked gorgeous in his tux, and he responded with a beaming grin and the words "I know!"

9 and 11 is not really 'small children'. I think shorts in the dining room would be OK for the under 5's, but not boys as old as that! It is simple - you don't give them a choice, you just say 'put these on'. I have two sons myself and I certainly would never have let them tell me what they were wearing on such an occasion. Presumably they wear uniform to school, so tell them this is the uniform for dinner!

Archived