Ensenada Wine Tour and Kid

CurlyRed964

Well, I have found that Ensenada is short on stuff to do! LOL! The only thing that is even remotely attractive to me and in my price range is the Winery Tour. I notice that Carnival does have a kids price would there be enough to occupy her if I bring her Nintendo and she has a camera and snacks (she's 7). What else might anyone suggest for us to do in Ensenada? She and I both really like good food, people watching and photography. WE're sailing with Carnival.

Thanks!

We took this tour and enjoyed it. The wines were decent and each of the 2 wineries were different in that at the first you were given a short tour of the wine process and then taken to the tasting. The 2nd winery did not have a tour but we found the wines to be good and they were more generous with the pourings. We collected $5 among the group so that the winery would open one of their $50(US) wines which was easy to do(10 people did it in a snap) and they ended up selling 6 bottles.

As for a child there is much for them to do but stand around and watch others taste wine. They did have non alcoholic stuff to sample. I bought some chocolates and bread at the 1st winery that was wonderful.

We did this tour last year with 2 14 y/o's. We actually had a tour of both facilities before the wine tasting. The wine tasting time was the only time the kids were bored. The first winery had chairs for them to sit inside and the second place had a nice little place right outside the door to sit. We enjoyed the tour. BTW...at the first winery, we received a free bottle of wine. On our way out the door the tour guide said the girls were supposed to get a bottle of wine also, but because of there age, they gave it to DH and myself instead. So we walked out of there with 4 bottles of wine :D

Thank you for the input. This seems like it might the tour for us. I am worried about venturing around Ensenada by myself with a child, so a ship sponsored excursions might be best. Or I might take a cab with my daughter to get a massage and pedicure. But I just feel vulnerable with just myself and a child in a cab.

Archived